What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Survival Book; girl gets tranquilized and dropped in a forest with a bunch of other people, and is told too race to some part of the forest where there is a finish line

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zach (new)

Zach Whaley | 1 comments I vaguely remember this book. This girl gets tranquilized and dropped in a forest with a bunch of other people, and is told too race to some part of the forest where there is a finish line, and she has a certain number of days before she gets trapped in the forest. Once she reaches the finish line she gets resting time and gets dropped off into the desert where she has to do the same thing, and in this one there is a group of bad people and near the finish line she gets stabbed by one of the bad guys but finishes it anyways. Then she has to either race in the middle of the ocean or scale up a mountain, I don't remember which order. (this may be in a different book but just in case, she had to go to this place on the other side of the country and grab an egg in this building where a bunch of people were fighting over them, and some guy let her have an egg I think, or she also fought for the egg and had to cut her hair. Like I said that could have been a different book but I don't know)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32296 comments Mod
The Headhunters Race by Kimberly Afe?

(Google search - site:www.goodreads.com "young adult" girl forest "to race" desert)

Zach, around what year did you read this book? This will help us narrow down the search.

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 2 comments Is it Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott?

message 4: by Debra (new)

Debra Firestone | 121 comments following

message 5: by Blue (new)

Blue | 834 comments This sounds insanely familiar to me.

Do you remember a cover image at all or where it might have been set?

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 262 comments following too!

message 7: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 274 comments Seconding Zoe's suggestion of Fire and Flood, and sequel. Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1) by Victoria Scott Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood, #2) by Victoria Scott

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 262 comments I think it's Fire & Flood...

One of the reviewers says:

"Tella gets stabbed towards the end of the novel in her abdomen and somehow manages to climb down a large rock structure without difficulty, passing out, or dying from blood loss."