Reading Glasses - Fan Group discussion

Podcast Discussions > Ep 115 - Books That Make You Feel Old and Other Historical Fiction with E.R. Ramzipoor!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erik (new)

Erik Redin (erik_redin) | 28 comments Ep 115 - Books That Make You Feel Old and Other Historical Fiction with E.R. Ramzipoor!

Guests: E.R. Ramzipoor

Brea and Mallory talk about historical fiction with E.R. Ramzipoor! Use the hashtag #ReadingGlassesPodcast to participate in online discussion! Email us at readingglassespodcast at gmail dot com!

Sponsor -
The Great Courses
TheGreatCoursesPlus.com/glasses

Books Mentioned -

City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert

The Nest by Kenneth Oppel, illustrated by Jon Klassen

Call Your Daughter Home by Deb Spera

The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters

Circe by Madeline Miller

The Wonder by Emma Donoghue

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi

Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders

The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters

The Fair Fight by Anna Freeman

Crooked Heart by Lissa Evans

The Odyssey by Homer, translated by Emily Wilson

Beowulf: A New Translation by Maria Dahvana Headley

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Fleury | 1 comments That Odyssey translation sounds wonderful. Can’t wait for the library to get their copy back!

message 3: by Tanysha (new)

Tanysha | 3 comments Despite this being deemed by Mallory and Brea as not historical fiction but are there any historical-fiction-esque set in the 90s novels?

message 4: by Erik (new)

Erik Redin (erik_redin) | 28 comments Tanysha wrote: "Despite this being deemed by Mallory and Brea as not historical fiction but are there any historical-fiction-esque set in the 90s novels?"

I did a quick search on NoveList for 1990s historical fiction and this is what I found. Don't know if any of these are any good, but it's a place to start:

Skyscraping

Prague

Rani Patel in Full Effect

Let Me Hear a Rhyme

Grrrls on the Side

Over a Thousand Hills I Walk with You

Things That Happened Before the Earthquake

How to Lose Everything: A Mostly True Story

Playing in the Light

Second Fiddle

message 5: by Tanysha (new)

Tanysha | 3 comments Thanks Erik! I hadn't heard of NoveList before

message 6: by Erik (new)

Erik Redin (erik_redin) | 28 comments Tanysha wrote: "Thanks Erik! I hadn't heard of NoveList before"

Yeah, NoveList is a librarian's best friend when you're asked for a recommendation in a genre you have little to no experience with. If your library subscribes to it, you should be able to access it.