Into the Forest discussion

The Song of Achilles
This topic is about The Song of Achilles
Greek Mythology > Song of Achilles- Spoiler Free

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1385 comments Mod
Place to discuss the book without spoilers. Whose in?

Margaret | 3441 comments Mod
People have been telling me to read this one for years!

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah (flying_monkeys) | 1009 comments I'm in. There's a queue for this one at my library, which surprised me since it's like 7 years old, so I'm guess-timating it'll be sometime around the 3rd or 4th week of September.

Annette | 249 comments I am a little over halfway through it and I like it.

Julia (ultramarine) | 47 comments I'm in! I've never participated in discussion here, but now I am determined to finally change it! :) I wanted to read it anyway - I've heard good things and I liked Circe.
I thought I will be reading in my language as it was translated a few years ago, but it turns out that it is sold out and I would have to wait in the library for a long time. I was looking for a used book as well, but they are extremely expensive. Circe was a bestseller last year, I think that's it. It was published before Circe and there was no new edition recently.
So I decided to buy English version, but now I have to wait (usually about two weeks?) for a package from bookdepository ;)

Katy (kathy_h) | 820 comments I read this back in 2013 -- parts of it have stayed with me. I remember loving the writing. Don't know if I have time to reread, but may.

I put a hold on the audiobook at the library, and it says it will be about 10 weeks. I'm hoping to find a copy at work so I can switch between audio and print, which worked really well for The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. But it looks like it will be a while!

message 8: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah | 4261 comments Mod
Margaret wrote: "I put a hold on the audiobook at the library, and it says it will be about 10 weeks. I'm hoping to find a copy at work so I can switch between audio and print, which worked really well for [book:Th..."

My library does not have this feature. It just says I am # 84 on 10 copies.

I am not sure if this is a book I want to buy. I am definitely getting Tamara's book though

I get such an excellent discount at work I plan to buy it. And I can trade it back in for the same amount, so I'm only out taxes. It's the best part of working in a bookstore!

I finished and loved it! I have a couple of questions over on the spoiler thread.

message 11: by Jalilah (new)

Jalilah | 4261 comments Mod
Margaret wrote: "I finished and loved it! I have a couple of questions over on the spoiler thread."

I am currently #51 on 8 copies and #28 on 3 copies for Circe.
I am awfully tempted to buy a copy, but I recently purchased Gilgamesh of Uruk and Gods of Jade and Shadow, so I really shouldn't........