Reese's Book Club x Hello Sunshine discussion

The Secrets We Kept
This topic is about The Secrets We Kept
Sept 2019 > Little Known History

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hello (new) - added it

Hello Sunshine | 58 comments Mod
We love when books take little known pieces of history and use it as the centerpiece of the story.

In this book, it's the book DR. ZHIVAGO that becomes the centerpiece of the story. Have you ever read Dr. Zhivago? Or did you know about its influence on history?

What other historical fiction books would you recommend if you liked this book?

Candace (candace_mclean) | 5 comments The Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer - It’s my book of the year so far.

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Gomez (marigom911) | 2 comments :-O

Courtney Liko | 17 comments I was unaware until this novel about Dr. Zhivago and the book's influence in history.

My favorite historical fiction novel, and one of my favorite novels overall, is The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah

Colleen E (colleenchi-girlakacolleensnapped) | 7 comments I read this so many years ago....probably the 1980’s when I went through a classic book reading time. The movie, after the book, is amazing too.

Some of my top faves:
Diary of Anne Frank;
Poisonwood Bible by Kingsolver
Handmaid’s Take by Atwood
All the Light by Doer
The Dutch House

Many more in my gallery here under Favorites.

The Wonderer 304 Shawna Monroe | 4 comments I just finished this book. I LOVED it and I really didn’t have much information regarding the controversy that surrounded the publishing of Dr Zhivago before reading the book. I’d highly recommend this book to anyone!

message 7: by Bada (new)

Bada | 34 comments Yeah!!