What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Chick Lit read in 1980s. Three college girls (all girls college) spend weekend with dates at men's college for formal dance party (and football game?). Large group is bussed to men's college, during 1950/60s? Title: weekend??

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bir (last edited Jul 26, 2020 08:50AM) (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments I read this book in the 1980s but I dont think it was new then. I think it takes place in the 1950s or 60s but probably written later. It is about three young women at an all girls college who each has been invited by their respective dates to spend a weekend at an all boys college for a formal dance party and other activities (football game?). They are part of a large group being bussed to the other college. One of them is a shy not so popular girl; her mother and the mother of the boy are friends and have arranged their date. One other girl is engaged (or maybe "pinned") to her date. The girls dont really know each other. The shy girls date behaves badly to her and basically abandons her. Something bad happens to one (or all?) of the girls and this eventually make them close and they help eachother. I think the word "weekend" might appear in the title but I am not sure.

message 2: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments Bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39281 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your thread every 30 days, but not more often, because the group is so large.

message 4: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments Ok note taken.

message 5: by Bir (new)

message 6: by Bir (new)

message 7: by Bir (new)

message 8: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1253 comments I'm pretty sure this is not it because many of the plot points don't match but just in case!! I saw this book searching AbeBooks:
Junior Weekend by Jana Ellis.

"Lori and Danielle's weekend on a college campus and bittersweet experiences with college men indicate that youth is a time to get to know many different people."

It was published in the late 80s and it's about two girls, not three. Also, I think they're in High School and not college. I'm only mentioning it because the plot somewhat resembles your description and there is the work "weekend" in the title!

message 9: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments Hi Mai, It is not the book I am looking for, but thank you for trying!

message 10: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments bump

message 11: by Bir (new)

message 12: by Bir (new)

message 13: by Bir (new)

message 14: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Bir, I added some details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 15: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments Thanks Kris!

message 16: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
You're welcome.

message 17: by Bir (new)

message 18: by Bir (new)

message 20: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments Thanks, arratavy, I checked it out but it’s not the one I am looking for!

message 21: by Bir (new)

message 22: by Bir (new)

message 23: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments I notice your profile says you're in Belgium.

What country were you in when you read this book? And in what language?

message 24: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments I read it in Sweden. I don't remember if I read it in English or a Swedish translation. It is an American book.

message 25: by Bir (new)

message 26: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Fair Exchange seems kinda far off, but thought I should mention it just in case.

message 27: by Bir (new)

Bir van Syl | 28 comments Fair Exchange is not what I am looking for, but thanks for trying, Rainbowheart!

message 28: by Bir (new)