What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romantic suspense novel involving a Navy SEAL and a woman from his past. I read the book in the early 2000s.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Pierce (jpiercebooks) | 1 comments So, I read this book most likely in the early 2000s. The male main character was an active duty Navy SEAL and the female main character was a woman from his childhood (I believe her brother was friends with the Navy SEAL).

I remember she pretended her car was broken down on the side of the road in order to trick the Navy SEAL into stopping to help her. He did not recognize her from his childhood, and she did not reveal that info. He couldn't repair her car, so he offered to take her to his house while she waited. He began cooking out at the side of her pool and pushed her in, but freaked out because he realized he didn't know if she could swim.

Things got steamy (obviously, because it's a romantic suspense). They were intimate and then he left for a morning dive with his teammates where he revealed he had been with someone the night before and he was teased by the other SEALs.

When he got home, she revealed who she was and that she needed his help because her father had been kidnapped. He agreed to help her.

I don't remember much after that, but I think I remember they flew somewhere to help her father and there was possibly a jungle scene.

I read a limited number of romantic suspense authors back then, so I'm going to list their names below in the hopes it might spark someone else's memory. I really feel it must be one of the below authors, but I'm not 100% certain:

Catherine Coulter
Lisa Jackson
Iris Johansen
Nora Roberts
JD Robb
Danielle Steele

THANK YOU!

message 2: by AdoraBelle42 (new)

AdoraBelle42 | 43 comments I believe this might be Suzanne Brockmann's Out of Control?