What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > YA/Young Adult - New girl in town moves next door to a family where the boy her age never speaks a word.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emmy (new)

Emmy (justemmyisabella) I read this around 2000-2004... The book seemed possibly a couple years old by the time that I read it. I believe that it would be categorized as a YA book. All I really remember about the book is that there was a girl that moved next door to a family with 2 boys. The younger of the boys was around her age (I would say 15 or 16) and the older brother was awful (possibly 18-19). The younger boy never talked because when he was very young (around 6 or so) his older brother told him that if he ever talked their parents would die or something that like...
I believe it was written from the new girl's POV. There was also a bit where the boy freaked out at a swimming pool for some reason.
There is a bit of romance between the main girl and the main boy which is endearing because he doesn't talk at all.
It was a shorter book, probably around 300 pages or less.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Emmy, what is the story's time period and location (country/region/ctiy/town)?

message 3: by Emmy (new)

Emmy (justemmyisabella) Kris wrote: "Emmy, what is the story's time period and location (country/region/ctiy/town)?"

I would say it's probably around the mid to late 90's -- USA

message 4: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16818 comments Still looking, Emmy?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Emmy left the group. Moving to Abandoned.