The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hey All

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments Hi everyone,
I'm Lisa, 31 and live in Cornwall in the UK! I am originally from Glasgow in Scotland and moved down here in 2013.
I'm not very good with introducing myself, I live with my best friend and our 2 dogs a border terrier and a miniature jack russell.
I'm on bed rest, non weight bearing for 6 - 12 weeks after an MCL replacement and once I'm through this recovery I need another Op to realign my leg. (This isn't for pity this is a hope I get through quite a few books on my bookshelfs!)
These are my favourite genres with the odd detour.
At the moment I'm currently reading
Raymond Khoury The Sign
Hope to chat to you soon!

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1561 comments Welcome Lisa. I mostly read mysteries, but recently entered a GR giveaway for a Khoury book Empire of Lies

message 3: by Icewineanne (new)

Icewineanne | 298 comments Hope you have a speedy recovery Lisa & that you get through a lot of books in the next few months. The Sign sounds very interesting, I’ll be watching for your thoughts.
Cheers 🤗

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments Thank you Thomas & Icewine

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Welcome Lisa. After having had 5 major knee surgeries including 3 knee replacements, I empathize with your pain. Take advantage of the time to read though. Are you close to Daphne DuMaurier county there in Cornwall?

message 6: by Bill (new)

Bill Hi Lisa. I'm sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope it ultimately fixes everything satisfactorily. I hope you get lots of reading it. You should get some nice recommendations here.

message 7: by Michaela (new)

Michaela Welcome Lisa, and hope you can use your time of rest for reading a lot! :)

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 10 comments Susan wrote: "Welcome Lisa. After having had 5 major knee surgeries including 3 knee replacements, I empathize with your pain. Take advantage of the time to read though. Are you close to Daphne DuMaurier county ..."

I am indeed in fact I took my brother to her 'museum' when he was over visiting from Thailand the last time! Oh Heck! So far I've had my MCL replaced and something to do with the meniscus, my next Op won't be until i've fully recovered and lost some more weight will be a Complete leg realignment and ACL reconstruction! I reckon that surgery will be this time next year!

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sign (other topics)
Empire of Lies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Raymond Khoury (other topics)