What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA - Family moves into Revolution era home, son befriends ghost (spoilers ahead)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stormy (new)

Stormy | 2 comments Hey, all!

Recently I've been digging through my old books, and there's one in particular that I seem to have lost in the process of moving - a shame, since I want to read it again, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was called.

The story centered around a modern-day small family that moved into a property in colonial North America; it was an obviously old house, predating the Revolution. The main character was the son (whether he was preteen or teen escapes me) who was having a difficult time adjusting to the new school and lifestyle of the area. He met a boy around his age on the property, dressed in Revolutionary era clothing and speaking in older dialect; the MC assumes he's just playing around, and doesn't ask many questions. They befriend eachother pretty quickly.

I remember only a few details past this - there was a field trip to a major battle site, where the MC spoke up with things not mentioned by the tour guide that he had learned from his new friend. There was, I believe, a family on a neighboring property that became close friends with the MC's family, and possibly a daughter who befriended him personally? I don't remember how the MC learned his male friend was a ghost, but I know there was a plotline about something hidden within the house.

I last remember reading it approximately ten or so years ago, and the copy I owned was secondhand from Goodwill.

I realize I don't have many details to go off of, and I'm sorry about that, but I hope you guys can help me find this book! Thanks in advance. <3

message 3: by Stormy (new)

Stormy | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "The Ghost of Dibble Hollow?"

It wasn't that one - I remember reading that one for sure. Thank you, though! <3