The Next Best Book Club discussion

Non-Book Related Banter > September Birthdays

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 54 comments I figured since we had this going for the past two months we'd keep it going.

My birthday is September 21, same as H.G. Wells and Stephen King

What about everyone else?

message 2: by Suzanne (last edited Sep 02, 2009 11:22AM) (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments
Stephen King is a VIRGO?????????????

Sorry Julie, That was not expected, Many, Many, Happy Birthdays to you!!! I love your picture, Do you dance? I tried to get my daughter into Ballet, but no such luck. She is a professional photographer, though, so at least she is involved with the arts !!!

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie | 54 comments Right, I wouldn't expect he was either. I havn't read anything by him, I'm a little scared to, but hes my friends favorite author so I hear alot

Thanks, I do dance, the picture is actually of my feet. I don't do it professionally, I've just done a few shows and compitions, mainly its just a hobbie. I love photography though. I hate to compare it to reading but in a way a beautiful picture can take you away and take your breath away just like a good book

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Well said! The picture is beautiful ... keep dancing.
I'm anxious to tell you to try King, but you know yourself best.
'The Stand' is one of his first and, while it does have some moments, I would not say it is 'gory, horror' ... much more of a psychological work. Anyone else have a comment?
Some of his works are like that, with just moments of 'gotcha' ... but he can 'gotcha' like no one else!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

September 14 (I'll be 28, woo hoo!) No famous authors, but shared with Ivan Pavlov, Margaret Sanger, Nas and Amy Winehouse.

I would just like to make the humble note that Virgos rock.

Also, Julie, my Mom's bday is the 21st also.

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Yay!!! Virgos DO rock!!!

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Suzanne wrote: "Yay!!! Virgos DO rock!!!"

So I take it you are a VIRGO also. Me too. Virgos do more than rock, we rule.............hehe

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 54 comments Suzanne, i would love to read something by king, ive been trying to find something for months now, I'm not really a fan of horror, which is why i haven't been able to pick him up, plus theres a huge selection and i wouldn't know where to begin. Gory doesn't bother me, the suspence does. I've never read a horror/ suspence book though, so maybe it wouldn't bother me as much as movies do

message 9: by Diane (last edited Sep 02, 2009 05:23PM) (new)

Diane  (dianedj) I'm in the Virgo club myself - September 12. I better get a Borders gift card or two or three :)

Julie - regarding Stephen King, maybe you want to try Shawshank Redemption. Or The Green Mile. Not your typical King "horror".

Happy birthday to all!

message 10: by Suzanne (last edited Sep 02, 2009 07:46PM) (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments No, I am not a Virgo ... just a Virgo appreciator(sp?)!!!

Happy Birthday to you Diane ♥♥♥

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I'm the 24th, and depending on the source, I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra. :) I'll be 27. *gasp*

message 12: by Kandice (new)

Kandice My son is the 28th, he'll be 16. My daughter is the 29th, she'll be 11. I have no idea what that makes them, but I am guessing Libra, since Becky is on the cusp.

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Yup. :)

message 14: by Tammy AZ (new)

Tammy AZ (tammyaz) Mine is the 25th & I'm going to be 44 *double gasp*. Any other oldies out there?

William Faulkner is really the only famous author born on the 25th but lots and lots of celebs:
Heather Locklear, Barbara Walters, Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Christopher Reeves.

message 15: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I never knew Zeta-Jones and Douglas shared a birthday!

message 16: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Becky you are a full-fledged Libra babe♥

Kandice welcome to the 'surrounded-by-Librans' club!!!

my daughter-Sept 30th
step-daughter Sept 23rd
my son Oct 16th
ex husband Oct 8th
Pug Oct 11th
Sig.Other Oct 10th

I could go on, but you get my drift!!!

message 17: by Kandice (new)

Kandice My dad and brother are this month too!

message 18: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Tammy wrote: "Mine is the 25th & I'm going to be 44 *double gasp*. Any other oldies out there?

William Faulkner is really the only famous author born on the 25th but lots and lots of celebs:
Heather Locklear, ..."

Any other oldies out there?
(sound of hand slapping face)
Listen here, Tammy, 44 sounds VERY GOOD to me right about now!!!

;)

message 19: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Suzanne, I've seen more than one source showing the 24th as the end of Virgo/beginning of Libra.

I generally think of myself as Libra, because the majority seem to put the end of Virgo around the 22nd... but as I've gotten older, I've noticed a more Virgoish side of me coming out. LOL

My family is infested with September birthdays too:
Me - 24th
Dad - 14th
Only cousin on my moms side - 24th
Cousin #1 on Dads side - 22nd
Cousin #2 - 20th
Cousin #2's hubby - 19th
Cousin #3 - 10th
2nd cousin - 25th
2nd cousin #2 - 25th
My boyfriend's mom - 11th

Cousin #1's baby #1 - Oct 9th
Cousin #1's baby #2 - Oct 16th

LOL

message 20: by Kandice (new)

Kandice My birthday is January 5th, and two of my three children are born the end of September. I guess it's safe to assume how my birthday usually wraps up;)

message 21: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) LOL! My goodness!

message 22: by Suzanne (last edited Sep 02, 2009 08:36PM) (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Becky...OMG!!! How do any of you make up your minds about ANYTHING????!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL Just teasing you!!! There are probably some darn good conversations with all the sides well presented and very fairly.
Even if there was still any Virgo in the Sun's house when you were born, it would have been so weak that it could not influence the 0+ to 5 degrees of incoming Libra.

message 23: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Yay Kandice, I could begin to enjoy birthdays if I were you!!! :)

message 24: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Suzanne wrote: "Even if there was still any Virgo in the Sun's house when you were born, it would have been so weak that it could not influence the 0+ to 5 degrees of incoming Libra."

O_o I'll take your word for it. LOL

message 25: by Carol (new)

Carol Becky wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "Even if there was still any Virgo in the Sun's house when you were born, it would have been so weak that it could not influence the 0+ to 5 degrees of incoming Libra."

O_o I'll tak..."

Technical Virgo starts in and around August 24th,ergo I am Virgo.

message 26: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Wow! I am so impressed with all this "sign" talk. I have a hard time even remembering my sign, and don't know what my children's are until someone reminds me.

message 27: by Suzanne (last edited Sep 02, 2009 08:51PM) (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Carol ... You go girl!!! We were working on the opposite end!!! LOL ♥

Becky, you are adorable!

message 28: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Kandice, It sounds like your children are still young and at home, yes?
I couldn't even remember my own NAME during those years!!!

You're doing great!!! LOL

message 29: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Tammy wrote: "Mine is the 25th & I'm going to be 44 *double gasp*. Any other oldies out there?

Heather Locklear, ..."

Hey Tammy - I'll give you a *triple gasp* as I am going to be 52!!

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieisallbooked) | 109 comments Mine is the 15th of this month and I'll be 27. I fit my Virgo sign to a T.

message 31: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Katie wrote: "Mine is the 15th of this month and I'll be 27. I fit my Virgo sign to a T."

Ha ! I just replied to your posting on the Person Below Me thread!

message 32: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Suzanne wrote: "No, I am not a Virgo ... just a Virgo appreciator(sp?)!!!

Happy Birthday to you Diane ♥♥♥"

Thank you Suzanne - It's a comin' fast and furious as always lately!

message 33: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Amen, sister!

JG (Introverted Reader) Happy Birthday to everyone!

message 35: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Thanks JG!

message 36: by Lydia (last edited Sep 07, 2009 06:29AM) (new)

Lydia (loverofinformation) Ah, September! My favorite month!

Baby daughter, Liana Rose is the 3rd.
Oldest daughter, Loki Gale (who is currently in Azerbaijan with the Peace Corps) is the 10th
My 21st anniversary is the 5th
My bestest cousin Christine is the 15th
My mother's was the 25th
Mine is the 27th!

Yep, a Libra mother with Virgo children! You should have seen our household! LOL!

Yippee!!

message 37: by Carol (new)

Carol My mother was a sagitarrius with three virgo children and one libra .............madcap fun

message 38: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Diane wrote: "Tammy wrote: "Mine is the 25th & I'm going to be 44 *double gasp*. Any other oldies out there?

H..."

Tammy!! My birthday is on the 25th too! I am going to be (drum roll) 47!! How did that happen??

And Diane Happy Birthday on the 12th!

message 39: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Happy Birthday to everyone born this month!

message 40: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Okay, my birthday is tomorrow and I just got a $25 B&N gift card....we are on the right track!

message 41: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Diane, wish I could come with you!!! I'll bet we would spend more than $25., what do you think??!!!

Happy, happy birthday to you!!!

message 42: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Suzanne wrote: "Diane, wish I could come with you!!! I'll bet we would spend more than $25., what do you think??!!!

Happy, happy birthday to you!!!"

Would love to have you along for the "spree!!" To answer your question...yes, I think so!

message 43: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Happy Birthday all you September babies!

My hubbys comes at the end of the month, I get to tease him about how it feels to be older (at least until my birthday hits in March!)

message 44: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Mine is on the 29th and I will be 47. Yikes!!!

Happy birthday to all you other September birthdays!!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Kandice wrote: "My birthday is January 5th, and two of my three children are born the end of September. I guess it's safe to assume how my birthday usually wraps up;)"

OMG! We are very sure that it was always a happy birthday. ^0^

message 46: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 15 comments Ann from S.C. wrote: "Mine is on the 29th and I will be 47. Yikes!!!

Happy birthday to all you other September birthdays!!"

My birthday is the 29th and I am 47 this year too. Yikes is right. 3 more years to 50 and the AARP

message 47: by Dan (new)

Dan (bookshelvesinchaos) Lorna wrote: "My birthday is the 29th and I am 47 this year too. Yikes is right. 3 more years to 50 and the AARP"

You know you get discounts at Borders with that AARP card. :-)

message 48: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 15 comments Dan wrote: "Lorna wrote: "My birthday is the 29th and I am 47 this year too. Yikes is right. 3 more years to 50 and the AARP"

You know you get discounts at Borders with that AARP card. :-)

"

I am looking forward to those discounts. This point was brought home to me recently while on vacation with my 84 year old mother. Cheaper hotel, cheaper admission to tourist sights, free admission to national parks. Who says it doesn't pay to get older?