Play Book Tag discussion

August 2019: 21st Century > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson / 5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimber (last edited Sep 02, 2019 01:32PM) (new)

Kimber (kimberwolf) | 823 comments The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
5 Stars

This is the third book in the Millenium Trilogy, and picks up where The Girl Who Played With Fire left off. Lisbeth Salandar is hospitalized and recovering from life-threatening wounds. Isolated from the outside world, she is awaiting trial for the attempted murder of her father. Her loyal friends, old and new, assist her in being ready to defend herself at trial. Multiple complex plot lines unfold.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, which has more story lines and details than the movie inspired by it. Lisbeth Salander is one of my favorite literary characters. The whole Millenium Trilogy is smart, technologically heavy, and filled with political intrigue. The books explore the counterculture, the ethics of journalism, and the truths of good vs. evil. Although they have plenty of action, they are not what I'd call 'page-turners' because they delve so deeply into the details – I like that about them.
I've debated whether to keep reading the books featuring the character of Lisbeth written by another author after Stieg Larsson's untimely death – I'm tempted to try at least one to see how it holds up.

message 2: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5352 comments Kimber wrote: "I've debated whether to keep reading the books featuring the character of Lisbeth written by another author after Stieg Larsson's untimely death – I'm tempted to try at least one to see how it holds up.
."

If you do let me know how they are. I've been holding off.

message 3: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4865 comments I've been reading them - they are a disappointment after the quality of Larsson's writing. They read like your typical thriller, but rather mediocre. Still, it's like watching a train wreck - I continue to read them just to see where he's going to take the character, all the while lamenting.

message 4: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5352 comments Anna, I think I will refrain.

message 5: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4865 comments Booknblues wrote: "Anna, I think I will refrain."

LOL you won't be missing anything!