Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A Long Way East of Eden: Could God Explain the Mess We're In?
This topic is about A Long Way East of Eden
Page Numbering Requests > A Long Way East of Eden

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Richard | 27 comments For the book by Pete Lowman, (ISBN: 1842271083 / ISBN13: 9781842271087), the number of pages is incorrectly listed as 192.

Please make a correction. The correct number is 400 (this is combining pages i to x of front matter plus 390 pages number in Arabic numerals).

Thank you.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
We do not count roman-numerated pages at the beginning of the book. Please see https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13146 comments I reverted two automatic updates and the page count is now 390.

Richard | 27 comments Yes, I know what the standard rule is about that. However, I've come across a number of books where the front matter is just added to the rest--perhaps the rules were different in the past? That's why I indicated the two sections. But 390 is perfect. Thank you, Rivka and Emily.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Richard wrote: "perhaps the rules were different in the past?"

They were not. However, page counts can be imported from a variety of sources, many of which use pre-pub estimates.

message 6: by Richard (last edited Sep 03, 2019 12:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richard | 27 comments rivka wrote: "Richard wrote: "perhaps the rules were different in the past?"

They were not. However, page counts can be imported from a variety of sources, many of which use pre-pub estimates."

That clears up a mystery. Thank you.