What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
This topic is about Carve the Mark
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA SciFi Boy taken from home other family killed lives on cold planet prophecy flower. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather | 13 comments This is what I am looking for: it's a YA scifi series. This is what I remember:

1) there is a family that live on the cold side of a planet. The grandmother is a prophet. I believe they cultivate a flower. One purpose is to see visions?
2) a boy from this family is abducted and the other family members killed (I think) based on a prophesy. The abducted boy is taken to the warm side of the planet and raised by what are made out to be heathens. A girl from that family has a power that makes others and her feel pain. Her brother has the ability to take people's memories away.
3) there are twin girls on the cold side, I think one of the prophesies is that one of them will be a planetary ruler.
SPOILER: I think they later find out that the boys from each family were switched at birth to protect someone from some prophecy.

message 2: by Freya (new) - added it

Freya | 4 comments This sounds like Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth . I am almost certain and I know that the second book has been released.

message 3: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather | 13 comments Freya wrote: "This sounds like Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth . I am almost certain and I know that the second book has been released."
Carve the Mark is the one. I keep hoping she'll come out with a third :(

message 4: by Freya (new) - added it

Freya | 4 comments Heather wrote: "Freya wrote: "This sounds like Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth . I am almost certain and I know that the second book has been released."
[book:Carve the Mark|301172..."

Just seen earlier today that she is releasing about 2 books within the next year! I know that one is about the world ending if you like that type of stuff.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Carve the Mark (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Veronica Roth (other topics)