Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Zee Old Stuff! Archived > #3 Contest - Congrats Jennifer M!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Sep 28, 2009 01:33PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
This contest will be running throughout the entire month of September to promote our September Group Reads!

What will I be winning?
A book of your choice from your TBR pile. Yes you read this right! YOUR CHOICE!
**Note: This book must be available to get within reason, obviously if its out of print and I need to purchase it from ebay for 200 bucks because its so rare then I won't be able to do that! lol

What do I need to do in order to be eligable?
Easy! We have TWO group reads for the month of September. Read both of these books in the month of September and then write a review about them! Your review can be here on Goodreads or a personal blog, as long as the review is written! (No one liners please)
Note: If the review is written on a blog or outside of Goodreads you must provide a link to the review for us to verify.

Keep in mind, you have the entire month of September to do this in, and even if you don't like the book that's ok! Your review can be good or bad, after all no one is expecting you to love every book! Right? :D

How do I enter?!
Once you meet the requirements just post here to let us know! (with the link of your review if its outside of Goodreads)

How will you be doing the entries?
Easy! As long as you meet the requirements listed above, you will be entered to win! If there are more then one (which I hope there will be!) then I will use a random number generator to assign the winner! (with each entry given a number)

Eligible Entries:

Amanda
Katt
Sarah
Jennifer Marshall (windfall)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I'm hoping I can get around to the other one soon, but here's my review for The Rest Falls Away.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Thanks Sarah!

And Angels Blood is AWESOME! It moved to the top of my favorites list it was THAT good.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I read the first two chapters tonight. The problem is I have it as an ebook on my computer, and I have trouble motivating myself to read on my computer! :( If it's that good, I'll try harder. :)

message 5: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Yes Sarah, Angel's Blood is VERY good. This series will probably be an auto buy for me. And I don't usually buy books.

message 6: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

So no other entries? Surely people want free books?!

Come on guys!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I promise I'm still working on Angel's Blood... just haven't gotten there yet!

message 9: by Katt (new)

Katt Read both,my reviews are on goodreads. Do i need to link them here?

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Nope I found them :D As long as the profile is public I can view the reviews if they are on goodreads :D

message 11: by Sarah (last edited Sep 25, 2009 02:25PM) (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I finally finished Angels' Blood today:

and here's The Rest Falls Away:

message 12: by ♦Jennifer♦ (last edited Sep 27, 2009 11:08PM) (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments Yay for procrastination! I've had the books done for awhile now, just never wrote the reviews. But for the life of me I cannot find out where the link is. Sorry to make you go searching. xD

message 13: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I found them :D As long as they are on goodreads I can go to your profile and under your profile image there is a reviews link to all your reviews :D

message 14: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (bookhuntress) | 84 comments Think this will link to my review of The Rest Falls Away:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

message 15: by ♦Jennifer♦ (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments aha! so that's where those buggers are! Thanks Tricia, bout drove myself half-mad looking for them. >.<

message 16: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Think this will link to my review of The Rest Falls Away:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11..."

Make sure you link me the other review before the month ends to be eligible for the contest! :D

message 17: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Jennifer wrote: "aha! so that's where those buggers are! Thanks Tricia, bout drove myself half-mad looking for them. >.<"

Np! :D

message 18: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Tomorrow is the LAST day to get your reviews and posts in by guys!

Jennifer, you need 1 more review (for Angels Blood) to be eligible. Even if you didn't like the book that's ok!

As long as you read and review it and let me know by tomorrow :D

message 19: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Oct 01, 2009 01:36PM) (new)

Random Number Generator chooses: 4

[image error]

Congrats Jennifer (Marshall)!

Please private message me with your book choice as well as your address so I can mail it out ASAP! :D

message 20: by ♦Jennifer♦ (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments Thanks bunches Tricia ;) I had to send you two pm's because I forgot to put my address in the first one. lol,serious brain fart.

message 21: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Np :) Will grab this on the way home from work, since I have to go to the bookstore for The Scent of Shadows anyhow :D

Don't forget to check this months contest!

message 22: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Book mailed out today :D

message 23: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (bookhuntress) | 84 comments Congrats Jennifer M....

message 24: by ♦Jennifer♦ (last edited Oct 05, 2009 01:21PM) (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 83 comments Got the book today. =D Thanks again, and I got it opened alright, lol.

message 25: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

You're welcome :D