This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I Hate That Everyone Loves Johnny Cash

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by shellyindallas (last edited Mar 14, 2008 09:33AM) (new)

shellyindallas Maurice- I love Johnny Cash but was convinced that somebody out there doesn't. Once I googled "Oprah Sucks" to find other like minded people and see what issues they had with her. Boy, was I overwhelmed.
Not so with the "Johnny Cash sucks" attempt.

The first thing that comes up is "10 reasons why Johnny Cash owns Chuck Norris"!

Then toward the bottom of the page there's a "Country Music Sucks...except for Johnny Cash"

Finally I struck gold at the very bottom of the page. Some brave soul had the gems to tell it like it is in response to a thread about how great Mr. Cash's covers were. He says:

"How can you POSSIBLY say that!!!!??? His cover of Nine inch nails "hurt" is a travesty. An insult - he ruined an awesome song. JOHNYY CASH SUCKS ASS."

So there you have it. His comment wasn't taken well though--all the thread's contributors attacked him. Here's my favorite rebuttal (disclaimer: views expressed here do not reflect my own):

"this goes out to that little meth head fag that said jhonnys cover of broken sucked. you can suck my ass you little bitch. It was a great cover of a bad song , and that Trent Resner fag should feel honored that Jhonny cash did it"

message 2: by shellyindallas (last edited Mar 14, 2008 09:41AM) (new)

shellyindallas It was a quote. I didn't say it, even put a disclaimer. i thought the fact that he was so angry over someone dissing Johnny Cash was funny. that was the joke--that he was so fucking mad and hateful.
should I have edited his original comment?

and to be sure--bitch doesn't bother you right?

message 3: by Howard (new)

Howard (howardmittelmark) When I was a kid, Johnny Cash was just another irrelevant country western guy my stepfather listened to.

I've since come around, though. Like everyone else. But I don't believe that everyone under forty always thought he was great.

message 4: by Howard (new)

Howard (howardmittelmark) Don't know why or how I won, but I'll take it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"what do you think amy Grant would say to jonny Cash?"

"Forgive me."

Servius  Heiner and it would be beautiful.

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Really Nick? Because the visual made me want to hurl...

message 8: by Howard (new)

Howard (howardmittelmark) There was a movie about that. Kissed.

Servius  Heiner He may have been old, But come on it's The man in black, he could make it look cool.... And I still don't know who Amy Grant is.

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel My wife killed Johnny Cash. I love him. So you can see where some conflict might have occurred in our relationship.

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Good question Donald...I don't know about you but I'm wearing my tinfoil...just in case.

message 12: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) I grew up on Johnny Cash, it makes my heart happy to have him gets his props dammit. What's got your knickers in a wad, Maurice? Is being "special" that important to you? Maybe you would prefer everyone fawn over Amy Grant. Or your secret TV boyfriend, Phil Collins. Grow a pair and jump on the Johnny hay ride, dammit.

message 13: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Amy Grant was a Christian Music singer who tried to go mainstream some time in the 80's...and failed.

message 14: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Yo Donald my man... izzin the house? Is that what the cool kids say? Oh man, I'm in a foul mood and sporting for blood. Good thing I don't own weaponry.

Servius  Heiner teach a weeping will how to cry...
Show a cloud how to cover a clear blue sky...

message 16: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Johnny is great. It just ticks me off that a song like "Hurt" becomes so popular and a song like "Don't Take Your Guns to Town" (which is 10 x better) is not as popular.

message 17: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Yes Donald... but at which point in his life? At one point in his life he might have hunted the bitch down and punched her in the nose. Later he might have preached the gospel about forgiveness and restraint. I'm torn.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.