What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > British novel, possibly 80s/90s, young people with un-extraordinary super powers

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cara (new)

Cara Church | 4 comments Not sure what year because I bought it from a charity shop some years ago, potentially written/set in the 80s or 90s?

It's a book set in the UK about young people with peculiar powers, but it's not really an action sci fi kind of thing, it struct me as more a glimpse into their everyday lives.

I remember one young man in particular was british asian and his power was that no one noticed him. I think they got him to join a special division of the police (or possibly army) but they kept forgetting to get the measurements for his uniform so he ended up being kitted out in baggy clothes.

On one of his first missions he saved the public from a shooter by just walking into the building without the shooter noticing and taking his gun.

I know that's not much to go on but it's been driving me crazy! Think I must have given the book away because I can't find it!

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Bailey | 102 comments Not a novel, but elements of this really sound like the British TV show, Misfits.

message 3: by Cara (new)

Cara Church | 4 comments Kind of that vibe but I think I read this before Misfits came out