Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Remove unwanted accidentally created edition

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hitch (last edited Sep 02, 2019 03:51AM) (new)

Hitch Connor (hitchconnor) | 1 comments Soccer DadMy book cover designs have been updated on Kindle but the Goodreads list shows the old design. I followed instructions to create new Alt Cover Editions for the affected books. For one of them, I have accidentally created an additional edition. As it has been combined with the prior editions, I am unable separate it out to delete it.

The book is "Soccer Dad" by Hitch Connor. You can see there is an edition without an ASIN or cover image. I have added that broken unwanted edition to this post.

Please kindly let me know how to remove the unwanted edition.

Also - have I taken the correct approach to updating my cover images in Goodread? ie by creating an Alt Cover Editions.

Thanks!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
There is none without either ASIN or cover. There are 2 with covers, and one with the ASIN: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

And yes, creating an ASIN is the way to add new covers when the ASIN (or ISBN) has not changed but the cover has.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 12940 comments I added the cover to the new ACE with ASIN. I will merge the extra one.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 12940 comments Note that the dates for alternate cover editions are required to be the date that the cover first appeared, not the date of original publication. That's why the current month and year are automatically filled in. If they aren't this month and year, you can change them to the approximate date that you changed the covers.