What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book read in the 70s about teen wanting to sing opera

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debby (new)

Debby (booklovingrammy) | 2 comments I first read this book in the early/mid 70's but do not recall when it was originally published. The main character is a teen girl who wants to sing opera like her late mother. The book begins with her doing a school talent show and performing a scene from Hansel and Gretel and she is terrible. She goes to a performing arts camp for the summer and is taught how to use her talent. I want to say that at the end of camp she performs beautifully in a scene from an opera set in Spain - maybe Carmen - there was a scene with her trying to learn to play the castanets. I hope I am not the only person who ever read this book. Thank you for your help.

message 2: by Sycorax (new)

Sycorax | 74 comments Parts of your description reminds me of Lark on the Wing by Elfrida Vipont, but other parts don't match. Mentioning just in case.

message 3: by Debby (new)

Debby (booklovingrammy) | 2 comments Sycorax wrote: "Parts of your description reminds me of Lark on the Wing by Elfrida Vipont, but other parts don't match. Mentioning just in case."

Thank you for trying. I looked up your suggestion and that is not it.