Glory Road
This topic is about Glory Road
Book Of the Month Discussion > September 2019 -- Glory Road no spoilers

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Catelli | 2116 comments Mod
For checking in to tell us you're reading, and spoiler-free discussion

Clyde (wishamc) | 297 comments I have read this one several times, so I may skip it. Be happy to discuss however.

Adrian | 35 comments Like Clyde I have read this several times, but I voted for it, so I shall be joining in 🙂

Randy | 62 comments Just started it, somehow I dont think I've read it before.

message 5: by Sheryl (last edited Sep 08, 2019 08:55PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sheryl Tribble | 67 comments Thought I had this floating around, but I didn't. Well, actually, I thought I'd gotten my mom's copy when they downsized, but my brother must've snagged it first. Finally got around to ordering it on ebay.

Haven't read it before but I seem to remember mom liked it, although it isn't her favorite Heinlein.

Adrian | 35 comments Well I started it last night and I have to say so far it’s as enjoyable as I remembered 😊

Adrian | 35 comments And now I've finished it. Without wishing to get into any political arguments (which one can do with Heinlein's material), I found it a fun book well written with some interesting insights. And as I said when last I read this in 2017, in my humble opinion, it is probably one of the last enjoyable books that RAH wrote.

Clyde (wishamc) | 297 comments Adrian wrote: "... And as I said when last I read this in 2017, in my humble opinion, it is probably one of the last enjoyable books that RAH wrote.

Got to agree with you there. Of the books published after GR, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress and Friday are the only books I have read multiple times.
A lot of folks, however, like his later stuff better. A good friend of mine asserts that RAH lived as long as he did just so he could finish To Sail Beyond the Sunset. But, I have never felt a desire to read it again. Different strokes and all that.

Adrian | 35 comments Clyde wrote: "Adrian wrote: "... And as I said when last I read this in 2017, in my humble opinion, it is probably one of the last enjoyable books that RAH wrote.

Got to agree with you there. Of the books publi..."

Thanks Clyde. Agree with your "different strokes" etc, but your friend thinking his later books are better , what ha ha.

Clyde (wishamc) | 297 comments Adrian wrote: "... your friend thinking his later books are better , what ha ha."

Heh.
Well perhaps "A few folks ..." rather than "A lot of folks ..." would have been a more accurate way to phrase it.
That same friend really likes Job (which, as you could guess, I didn't care for).

Adrian | 35 comments Clyde wrote: "Adrian wrote: "... your friend thinking his later books are better , what ha ha."

Heh.
Well perhaps "A few folks ..." rather than "A lot of folks ..." would have been a more accurate way to phrase..."

Likes "Job" ? oh dear 😳