Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Viscount of 2213
This topic is about The Viscount of 2213
Book Issues > Multiple URLs for the same book, some attributed to the wrong author

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Williams (thewrongwriter) | 4 comments Hello,

It appears I have two versions of my book (Kindle) on Goodreads. One of which is assigned to another author (with admittedly a very similar name).

The first is linked above. That one's attributed to the wrong author - "Christopher Williams" instead of "Christopher D. Williams."

(I added the D. to distinguish.)

The other version is here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

This one is under my Author Dashboard. It never acquired the cover image, even though I uploaded twice. Possibly because of the other edition listed above.

Is there a way I can correct this? If not, I request the two editions be merged and placed under my Author Dashboard. Thank you.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16304 comments I have moved the edition to your page and combined with its other editions.

The current cover on Amazon seems to be the same as the original Kindle cover that is here. I'm not sure why an alternate cover edition was created.

message 3: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Williams (thewrongwriter) | 4 comments It's possible I did that in my efforts to re-upload the cover.

I see the changes in my profile; thanks very much! Should I combine the two Kindle versions then?

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13001 comments Christopher wrote: "Should I combine the two Kindle versions then?"

You can't. I have deleted the empty Kindle edition for you. It will take a day or two to disappear completely.

message 5: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Williams (thewrongwriter) | 4 comments Ah, okay. No worries then. I appreciate the help.