What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA- short mystery book- man died and police came to the house to tell his wife and later that night he came back to the house dead

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Young | 4 comments YA- short mystery book- man died and police came to the house to tell his wife and later that night he came back to the house dead. I read this book when I was in 8th grade which was 2004, but I think the book could have been from the 70’s-90’s. There was actually quite a few of these short story mystery books. This book is just the one I remember best. This is my last hope of finding this book. I’ve even messaged old classmates to see if they remembered the name of the book or author but they couldn’t. They did remember what books I was talking about.

message 2: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Young | 4 comments I just remembered that it was a paperback book and it was very thin.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15734 comments He came back to the house dead? Do you mean he was a ghost or a zombie?

Were all the characters adults? That would be unusual for YA.

message 4: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Young | 4 comments He didn’t come back as a ghost so I guess zombie but it wasn’t zombie based book. I read this short book when I was in 8th grade and the teacher had a bunch of these mystery/scary short books.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15734 comments Were these short books part of a series?

message 6: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Young | 4 comments I honestly don’t know if they were part of a series or just short story books that were scary/mystery/ horror. I keep going to my public library every week trying to see if I can find one there.