Hugo & Nebula Awards: Best Novels discussion

Random Chatter > A cool place to read or listen to SF stories

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (last edited Sep 01, 2019 04:27PM) (new)

Kateblue | 3553 comments Mod
Has some, not all, back stories from Astounding and F&SF etc.
https://www.freesfonline.de/

I went there looking for 1964 Hugo nominee Dune World (NOT Dune) by Frank Herbert, as Amazon seems to have no recollection of it. Any of you know where I can find it? And yes, I am down to the H's in looking for US Kindle books on our list.

where was that place that had back issues? I could never make it work, but I know some of you could

message 2: by Allan (new)

Allan Phillips | 1804 comments Mod
Interesting. I have 115 issues of F&SF from the mid-50's to the early 70's. My dad was a subscriber and early sci-fi reader (born in 1923).

message 3: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (last edited Sep 01, 2019 05:08PM) (new)

Kateblue | 3553 comments Mod
I did several magazines at various times, but all are gone alas. None were very old. The magazines were what actually made me turn to novels because many of the short stories were not that great. Either I was bored with them, or they sucked me in and then . . . over!

Considering that when I do write (almost never) I write shorter things, odd, I know.