What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy novel/series with slave girl rescued by female main character

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2 comments I read this book sometime in the last 10 yearsand at the time it was newish. Not sure if it was a stand alone or part of a series(I think it was a series) What I remember is the female main character was traveling in a border town. The place where she was staying had a half breed girl( with red hair I think) who was poorly treated by the owner. The main character paid for the girl to be freed and the girl joined their traveling party. The little girl had no name so the main character told her to pick one. The man traveling with the main character said it was a bad idea to help the girl because now everyone in the town new the main character had money. They left town with the girl quickly but were set upon by thieves shortly after. Dont remember much else.

message 2: by Aelin (new)

Aelin Barrow  (aelinbarrow) I don't thinks so but possibly Under a Painted Sky?

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2 comments I’ve never read Under a painted sky so it can’t be that one. Thanks for the help though