Play Book Tag discussion

If Tomorrow Comes (Tracy Whitney, #1)
This topic is about If Tomorrow Comes
Archive: Other Books > If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Theresa | 6099 comments Truly one of my favorite escapist reads, and one super heist and adventure. I suddenly yearned to read it again and rewatch the CBS series adapted from it. It was just as wonderful as the first time.

Tracy starts off as one of the more naive innocent heroines, but that ends very quickly when she is railroaded into prison for felony theft and attemped murder in New Orleopans, where corruption is the law. After an act of heroism while in prison gets her a full pardon, Tracy, sharpened up, gets revenge on all who wronged her and with the help of the mysterios and unscrupulous Gunther, finds her skill as a con artist and thief, pulling off daring heists throughout Europe. Along the way she meets another con artist, Jeff, who basically grew up in the world of cons. Of course they fall in love, join forces and not only pull off impossible cons, but elude capture by the weird scary insurance investigator dogging Tracy, determined to bring her to justice.

I have discovered while reading this that Tilly Bagshawe has written 2 sequels featuring Tracy and Jeff. I may just have to give them a read.

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2149 comments I remember reading this long ago and loving it. I tried a more recent Sheldon and hated it, I was surprised because I'd loved his earlier stuff.

message 3: by Theresa (last edited Sep 04, 2019 09:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Theresa | 6099 comments Barbara wrote: "I remember reading this long ago and loving it. I tried a more recent Sheldon and hated it, I was surprised because I'd loved his earlier stuff."

If it was a really recent book, check that you actually read a real Sheldon and not the ones by Tilley Bagshawe like this one Chasing Tomorrow (Tracy Whitney #2) by Tilly Bagshawe . Sheldon died in 2007. His last published book was in 2004. Even Fantastic Fiction lists the Bagshawe continuations under his listing but does separate them.

It is confusing because basically an author's name is being used as just a trademark - Ludlum and Stieg Larrson also. James Patterson has been doing this for years...only difference is Patterson himself has a hired the stable of writers under his brand, rather than an estate licensing the right to an author.

An aside, I do not believe Patterson himself has written a word of anything published under his name in probably 20 years.