Art Lovers discussion

Poetry > Poems in Sheila-Na-Gig

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1897 comments My poems, Fragmentation and Nomenclature of Desire, are in the latest issue of Sheil-Na-Gig. Lotsa good stuff in there. Here’s a link: https://sheilanagigblog.com/the-poets...

message 2: by Dirk, Moderator (new)

Dirk Van | 2773 comments Love your poems Ruth!

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1897 comments Thank you, Dirk. These two are from my as yet unpublished book about my husband, who died 3 years ago.

message 4: by Dirk, Moderator (last edited Sep 02, 2019 11:24AM) (new)

Dirk Van | 2773 comments I remember reading another poem about your husband, I just looked for it but couldn't find it. It was about his chair in which he could sit and watch the sea.
Is that going to be it the book too?

message 5: by Ruth (last edited Sep 02, 2019 11:49AM) (new)

Ruth | 1897 comments Yes. Right now the book is at the publisher I really want to publish with, but I haven’t had an answer yet. I’m waiting to hear from them before I submit it elsewhere.

message 6: by siriusedward (last edited Sep 02, 2019 12:18PM) (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) | 156 comments Read your poems, Ruth.

They both were really good.

message 7: by siriusedward (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) | 156 comments Ruth wrote: "Yes. Right now the book is at the publisher I really want to publish with, but I haven’t had an answer yet. I’m waiting to hear from them before I submit it elsewhere."

Good luck, Ruth.

message 8: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1897 comments siriusedward wrote: "Ruth wrote: "Yes. Right now the book is at the publisher I really want to publish with, but I haven’t had an answer yet. I’m waiting to hear from them before I submit it elsewhere."

Good luck, Ruth."

Thank you!

message 9: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) | 364 comments Lovely poems, Ruth.

message 10: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1897 comments Thanks, Connie.

message 11: by Heather, Moderator (new)

Heather | 8354 comments I remember the one about your husband that Dirk is talking about. I absolutely love it, it’s still one of my favorites and you wrote that a couple years ago now hasn’t it been? Wasn’t it soon after his death that you wrote it? (I’m sorry, now I can’t remember when I first read it.) I know that whole book is going to be amazing and I know I will be a proud owner of my own copy once it is published!
I wish you the best of luck with this publisher that you hope will publish this book. And I hope you hear back soon and let us know!

message 12: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1897 comments Thanks, Heather. I wrote all during the time he was on hospice care and the for 2 years afterward. It’s the only thing that kept me sane.