Support for Indie Authors discussion

Cover Workshop > Cover Help - Comedy - Zombie Walkabout

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phillip (last edited Sep 01, 2019 10:47AM) (new)

Phillip Murrell | 346 comments So, this is the feel I'm going for. Any suggestions before I move beyond the lineart phase?

message 2: by B.A. (new)

B.A. A. Mealer | 811 comments If you are going for a humor/comedy type thing you got it. Even though I'm not into zombie anything, it would get my attention enough to see what the book was about. I'd like to see it in color.

message 3: by Lyvita (new)

Lyvita (goodreadscomuser_lyvitabrooks) | 52 comments Not quite sure of the connection to the title, but one thing is sure MS and teens would definitely pick up the book.

message 4: by David (new)

David Noel | 17 comments I love the picture and would love to see it in color. Very humorous scene. The secondary title (assuming that's what it is) "Where the dead give you a reason to live" falls kind of flat for me, at least in terms of its connection to the picture. Maybe "How to look fabulous even during an apocalypse." If the secondary title refers to something specific in the book (like a Zombie/living person romance) then you might want the picture to hint at that.

message 5: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 346 comments B.A. wrote: "I'd like to see it in color."

Ask, and you shall receive:

message 6: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1101 comments That's really cute.

message 7: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 346 comments M.L. wrote: "That's really cute."

Thanks. I'm already saving my dollars to pay for this vacation.

message 8: by B.A. (new)

B.A. A. Mealer | 811 comments I do like it. The pink phone is what you notice first. then her face and the red frying pan. It does make me wonder what the book is about since the cover is quite humorous and the color makes it more so.

message 9: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 346 comments B.A. wrote: "I do like it. The pink phone is what you notice first. then her face and the red frying pan. It does make me wonder what the book is about since the cover is quite humorous and the color makes it m..."

Thank you. It's definitely going to be my most memorable cover to date. I still need a bedazzled image on the phone to maximize how ostentatious it is.

message 10: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 346 comments I think this may be the full front cover:

message 11: by Chikodinaka (new)

Chikodinaka Echebiri (theodora19) | 9 comments Mr Murrell. This zombie angle has the humor side, which is not that common. Most zombie movies are mostly gross with all its gory glory. But if I see a dvd or book with the picture above, I would be tempted to buy it. Get on with it already.