Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

Night Chills
This topic is about Night Chills
Stand Alone Novels 1968-1979 > Night Chills (Group Read - October 2019)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5990 comments Mod
Night Chills will be featured as the Koontzland - Dean Koontz Group Read during the month of October.

Originally published in 1976, Night Chills is one of the oldest Dean Koontz titles still in print. Only Demon Seed, Icebound, Chase and Shattered are still in print and pre-date Night Chills. Unlike Icebound and Demon Seed, Night Chills has not been updated or modernized. It is the only readily available full length title not available as an audiobook.

By the time they have finished this book, many readers will be uneasy, frightened, perhaps even horrified.
- Dean R. Koontz, Author's Introduction to Night Chills

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments Still not re-reading this one.

message 3: by Fred (last edited Sep 12, 2019 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments Added to my list, thanks

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments Reading & never remember other of his books “”taking control of men & woman” like this in others?

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments "False Memory" and "Key to Midnight" did it better.

message 6: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new) - added it

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5990 comments Mod
Fred wrote: "Reading & never remember other of his books “”taking control of men & woman” like this in others?"

Is Fred the only one reading Night Chills this month?

Susan Beamon (susanbeamon) | 64 comments Just finished it and posted my reader review to Goodreads. This taking control thing was a big part of the Jane Hawk series. Only the technique was different.

message 8: by Mary (last edited Oct 29, 2019 03:47AM) (new)

Mary (broomemarygmailcom) | 351 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Fred wrote: "Reading & never remember other of his books “”taking control of men & woman” like this in others?"

Is Fred the only one reading Night Chills this month?"

Lately, when I see the word "horror" I look away Hmm...I think I have seen too many scenes in a few movies that are horror in the blood and guts department. Need a break.