Addicted to YA discussion

Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Lady Smoke
Series > Lady Smoke

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
This discussion will be lead by Sammu. The discussion leader will be here to help keep the conversation going. Look out for comments and questions the discussion leader might make and respond back to them!

Melinda | 13 comments I can’t wait to jump into this discussion. I’ve been really looking forward to reading this book series (yes I judged the book by its cover. 🤣). I need to read Ash Princess first, so I’ll be back once I’ve finished both books.

Vanessa (bookswithvee) Yay!!! Can’t wait to discuss this book.

Sammu (twerkysandwich) | 16 comments I’m excited for this book! I think it was better than Ash Princess. What do you think so far?

Melinda | 13 comments Wow, just as good as the first one. I’m devastated that I have to wait until February to get the next book! Holy cow! (view spoiler) So I’ll be here on pins and needles until February 😢

Melinda | 13 comments Sammu wrote: "I’m excited for this book! I think it was better than Ash Princess. What do you think so far?"

I think I have to go with liking Lady Smoke better just because (view spoiler)

Sammu (twerkysandwich) | 16 comments Melinda wrote: "Sammu wrote: "I’m excited for this book! I think it was better than Ash Princess. What do you think so far?"

I think I have to go with liking Lady Smoke better just because [spoilers removed]"

I completely agree! I love that ship so much. Yeah, the way characters act is super frustrating. I personally didn't like the alternate option for romance at all.

Sammu (twerkysandwich) | 16 comments Melinda wrote: "Wow, just as good as the first one. I’m devastated that I have to wait until February to get the next book! Holy cow! [spoilers removed] So I’ll be here on pins and needles until February 😢"

I know T-T I finished reading Lady Smoke in March and it killed me to know I had to wait for a YEAR! I'm still sad now that it's so far away still :<

Yugadi | 192 comments The book was good but Kaiser's death was very anticlimactic. I expected some ceremony and lots of drama but Cress just killed him in a blink.
I'm very excited for the Next book!

Sammu (twerkysandwich) | 16 comments Yugadi wrote: "The book was good but Kaiser's death was very anticlimactic. I expected some ceremony and lots of drama but Cress just killed him in a blink.
I'm very excited for the Next book!"

Please be sure to put spoilers under a spoiler tag so you don't accidentally spoil it for someone who hasn't read that part yet!

I agree, I really and truly disliked that entire scene. It was such a let down.

message 11: by Sanja (last edited Oct 03, 2019 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sanja | 32 comments I loved this series though not sure how I feel about the (view spoiler)

Plus, have you guys seen the cover for Ember Queen?! It's stunning
!

Oh, forgot to mention, anyone in love with this series can add me as I would love to discuss!

Alana | 83 comments I added you, I love this series too and can’t wait to read the next book 😄

Sammu (twerkysandwich) | 16 comments I’m so sad we still have more than 4 months until the final of the trilogy comes out 😭

Alana | 83 comments I know! I feel like I have been waiting forever!

Sanja | 32 comments This is why I dislike starting a new series right at the beginning because I have zero patience when it comes to waiting for the next book haha.

and thanks for the add guys! :)

Sanja | 32 comments We should do a buddy read for the third book!

Sammu (twerkysandwich) | 16 comments I’d love to! I am excited for it :D

Alana | 83 comments Ok I’m down for a buddy read of the 3rd one 😄

Sanja | 32 comments Yay I'll message you all or make some sort of group chat when the book gets closer to the release date!

Sanja | 32 comments Oh who do you think Theo will end up with? :D

Sammu (twerkysandwich) | 16 comments It better be Prinz Søren. Idk, I felt the other romance was kind of super forced. I didn’t feel it at all.

Alana | 83 comments Yeah I’m def on team Soren too 🤞🏻

Sanja | 32 comments Sammu wrote: "It better be Prinz Søren. Idk, I felt the other romance was kind of super forced. I didn’t feel it at all."

Yeah I kind of thought so too even though I love Blaise. I think it was forced just because they're childhood best friends so it was as if they had to be interested in each other in a romantic way now that they've grown up, but I think Theo prefers Soren.

Nishi Wadhwani (nishireads) | 207 comments I binged these books and now it kills to know that I have to wait for the next one.
Team Søren definitely!!