Addicted to YA discussion

Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1)
This topic is about Wicked Fox
Series > Wicked Fox

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
This discussion will be lead by Christina. The discussion leader will be here to help keep the conversation going. Look out for comments and questions the discussion leader might make and respond back to them!

Christina (batgirl39) | 23 comments I just started this today and I am already intrigued! Has anyone else begun?

Kimi (magicalgrimoires) | 60 comments I haven’t. Waiting on my book to arrive in mail.

Vanessa (vanessa_the_dependasaurus) | 10 comments Just starting this today!

Christina (batgirl39) | 23 comments Awesome! I am about 200 pages in and love the mix of mythology and modern day. I also appreciate how the love story is being built.

Kay’s Book Corner | 12 comments I’m going to my local book store and picking up a copy tomorrow :)!!! Also hi everyone I’m new here! Has anyone picked up their copy yet??

Christina (batgirl39) | 23 comments Kay’s Book Corner wrote: "I’m going to my local book store and picking up a copy tomorrow :)!!! Also hi everyone I’m new here! Has anyone picked up their copy yet??"

Welcome!!! I picked this book as part of my July YA Book of the Month box. Now I can finally read it! :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Is this book part of a series?

Vanessa (vanessa_the_dependasaurus) | 10 comments Just finished it! I enjoyed it, especially the bits at the end of the chapters when it talked about the history of the gumiho, etc. The beginning and ending chapters were definitely the best, in my opinion. The ending totally had me tearing up too! I loved how the relationship between Miyoung and Jihoon developed as well. Definitely gonna read the next book in the series when it comes out!

I hope everyone else is enjoying it!

message 10: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace (sigyn13) | 7 comments I think it is time to start this book 📖 🖤

Christina (batgirl39) | 23 comments I have less than 100 pages left and the twists and reveals are coming like crazy now!

Vanessa (vanessa_the_dependasaurus) | 10 comments Danielle's Reading wrote: "Is this book part of a series?"

It is! Im not sure how many books are going to be in the series, but the second book is due to come out sometime in 2020. :)

Kay’s Book Corner | 12 comments Vanessa wrote: "Danielle's Reading wrote: "Is this book part of a series?"

It is! Im not sure how many books are going to be in the series, but the second book is due to come out sometime in 2020. :)"

So much excitement! I'm dedicating my time today to get this book read :)!

Christina (batgirl39) | 23 comments I just finished it and really enjoyed it! I think it's set itself up for future books since there's still so much mystery left. The twists just kept coming in the last 100 pages!

Emily Bedford | 6 comments I really liked it I’m so keen for the next one

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 49 comments Finished it and loved it! 5 stars. It’s refreshing to read a fantasy story with a concept that hasn’t been done over and over!

message 17: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Garner | 7 comments hello all, I have just recently finished this book and I was wondering,
why do you all seem to enjoy this book? I didn't enjoy reading this it felt like a chore rather than something that I enjoy doing. As far as plot goes it felt boring and overly handholding to me. In addition, it to me had a lot of things that I don't really like ina book witch I understand is subjective, as another reader stated they enjoyed the final hundred pages because of the immense amount of twists, for this, I offer my personal opinion that one good twist is far better and more satisfying than thirty meterocer ones, for example i will sight the film "the sixth sense" directed by M. Night Shyamalan, this film as many people know leads into the ending that the main character has been dead the entire time with the now-iconic line "i see dead people" we are then again shown certain moments where is it subtly hinted at such as a dinner with his wife in an attempt to mend there failing relationship where she doesn't speak and leaves before food is served. I believe a good twist is one we as readers can see coming based on little things, I didn't feel as though that happened here the twists felt kinda forced for the most part. but anyways, why do you all enjoy this book so much

message 18: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Garner | 7 comments Christopher wrote: "hello all, I have just recently finished this book and I was wondering,
why do you all seem to enjoy this book? I didn't enjoy reading this it felt like a chore rather than something that I enjoy d..."

i did enjoy the seol backdrop but to me its a was coat of paint on a long run story, i also deffinitly thought the romance was forced in there and feel like the book would have been as good without it