YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Pumpkinheads
This topic is about Pumpkinheads
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell - Restarting January 9th 2020

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adriana | 3543 comments Deja and Josiah are seasonal best friends.

Every autumn, all through high school, they’ve worked together at the best pumpkin patch in the whole wide world. (Not many people know that the best pumpkin patch in the whole wide world is in Omaha, Nebraska, but it definitely is.) They say good-bye every Halloween, and they’re reunited every September 1.

But this Halloween is different—Josiah and Deja are finally seniors, and this is their last season at the pumpkin patch. Their last shift together. Their last good-bye.

Josiah’s ready to spend the whole night feeling melancholy about it. Deja isn’t ready to let him. She’s got a plan: What if—instead of moping and the usual slinging lima beans down at the Succotash Hut—they went out with a bang? They could see all the sights! Taste all the snacks! And Josiah could finally talk to that cute girl he’s been mooning over for three years . . .

What if their last shift was an adventure?

Heather | 10195 comments Chapters 1-5:
(view spoiler)

Heather | 10195 comments Chapters 6-10:
(view spoiler)

Heather | 10195 comments Chapters 11-End
(view spoiler)

Heather | 10195 comments Finished:
(view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments Chapters 1-4

(view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments Chapters 5 - 8

(view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments Heather wrote: "Chapters 1-5:
[spoilers removed]"

I'm actually fine with it. (view spoiler)

message 9: by Adriana (last edited Sep 01, 2019 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adriana | 3543 comments Chapters 6-12

(view spoiler)

Adriana | 3543 comments Heather wrote: "Chapters 6-10:
[spoilers removed]"

They compliment each other well. Perfect best friends.

Adriana | 3543 comments Chapters 13 - 17 - All done!

(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84145 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting October 5th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 13: by ikram (new)

ikram (basingse) | 204 comments Starting! Up to Chapter 14

(view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2161 comments Starting this this morning!

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2161 comments Ch 7 (view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2161 comments Ch10 (view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2161 comments Ch15 (view spoiler)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 2161 comments Finished!

That was super adorable and quick to read. I loved the artwork for it so much. Josiah was frustrating but Deja really holds my heart.

message 19: by ikram (new)

ikram (basingse) | 204 comments Finished it last night!

Agree, this was super quick to read and adorable. I'm really soft for Deja

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 47369 comments Mod

Date changed. Restarting January 9th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

Courtney | 11423 comments Starting this early because I am caught up on my buddy reads.

Courtney | 11423 comments Chapter 2. (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Chapter 7. (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Finished This was so cute, and I'm glad (view spoiler)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

np :) I will buy it on thursday.

Courtney | 11423 comments Okay :) I will keep an eye out on the thread.

Katie | 3148 comments Hello guys! I've never really read any graphic novels, but I've been hearing great things about this one, and I wanted to make a goal for myself to try and read a few this year! I thought this would be a good one to start with!

Can someone help me with how to post this for points? Since it's graphic novel, I think I need to read 600 pages. So I read a bunch of them, and add them together. Is that correct? So if read 3 of my graphic novels (or however many it takes to get to 600 pages) I can then choose one of those books to score. Is that correct? Thanks in advance! I'll start this one soon!

Courtney | 11423 comments Katie wrote: "Hello guys! I've never really read any graphic novels, but I've been hearing great things about this one, and I wanted to make a goal for myself to try and read a few this year! I thought this woul..."

Thats correct :)

Katie | 3148 comments Great!! Thank you, Courtney!!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Read it just now.
Really enjoyed the plot the art was nice too.
I think I "lost" some of the emotion, because pumpkins are not a huge deal here in norway, but still enjoyed it.

Courtney | 11423 comments Oda Renate wrote: "Read it just now.
Really enjoyed the plot the art was nice too.
I think I "lost" some of the emotion, because pumpkins are not a huge deal here in norway, but still enjoyed it."

Honestly besides it take place in a pumpkin patch I dont understand what pumpkins have to do with the story.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I felt like a lot of the stuff they did were american based, or stuff that are not normal here in norway. We dont really "do"fall the same here. But hey might just be me.

Katie | 3148 comments Going to start this one tomorrow!

Katie | 3148 comments Chapter 4- (view spoiler)

Katie | 3148 comments Courtney wrote: "Chapter 2. [spoilers removed]"

I agree with the cuteness! I love the illustrations, and I love (view spoiler)

Katie | 3148 comments Chapter 7- I LOVED THIS CHAPTER! HA! (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11423 comments Katie wrote: "Chapter 7- I LOVED THIS CHAPTER! HA! [spoilers removed]"

This chapter was so cute!

Katie | 3148 comments Chapter 15- (view spoiler)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Courtney wrote: "Katie wrote: "Chapter 7- I LOVED THIS CHAPTER! HA! [spoilers removed]"

This chapter was so cute!"

Yes! loved that one.