2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives > August 2019 Roundup

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10935 comments Mod
 photo image_zpsrov4ysil.png

1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue?
3. Did you move forward in any series? How many?
4. Any standout or 5 star books read? Why did you love it/them?
5. Overall summary of your reading month?

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2374 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I finished the Heather Duvall series by Samantha James.

I stated the Criminal Profilers series by Mary Burton. The first book was Cut and Run. I will definitely be continuing.

I moved forward on 7 series:
Enchanted Bridal series - Samantha Chase
Three Cowboys and a Baby - Vicki Lewis Thompson
Gaslight Mysteries - Victoria Thompson
Blakewell/Kenleigh series - Pamela Clare
Kate Burkholder series - Linda Castillo
In Death (Eve Dallas) series - J.D. Robb
Heather Duvall series - Samantha James

No 5-Star books this month, but I did rate a bunch of them 4.5 Stars.
Cut and Run by Mary Burton Murder in the Bowery (Gaslight Mystery, #20) by Victoria Thompson Carnal Gift (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #2) by Pamela Clare Creation in Death (In Death, #25) by J.D. Robb

Overall, I had a pretty good month. I finished 11 books and only had one that I didn't like at all.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

You had a great month, Robin! Congratulations and your review of Cut and Run convinced me to add it💜

message 4: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
No.

No new series started.

3. Did you move forward in any series? How many? Still trucking along in The Mortal Instruments. Will finish in September!

I absolutely loved The Bonesetter's Daughter. Amy Tan has an amazing way of writing about her culture, but also crossing cultural boundaries to show how complex mother/daughter relationships can be.

A slow month - I only read 2 book! :-/ But they were both good, so that's a plus.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Glad you were able to get the 2 books in, Jessika, and enjoyed them! And thank you for sticking with TMI (I’m off to join the discussion).

I haven’t read that Amy Tan book but I’m a big fan of three others I’ve read. I’ll see if it’s on my shelf.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4295 comments Mod
1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Nope, not this month

Yes 5 - I couldn't help myself. Will continue with all except the last one as the rest of the series does not appeal to me.
Eye of the Storm (Liar's Game #1) by Dee Davis Not the Duke's Darling (Greycourt, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt Midnight Rainbow by Linda Howard Good Girls Don't (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #1) by Victoria Dahl When She Said I Do (Worthington, #1) by Celeste Bradley

Yes, 9 -
One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews Delusion in Death (In Death, #35) by J.D. Robb Did You Miss Me? (Romantic Suspense, #14; Baltimore, #3) by Karen Rose A Casualty of War (Bess Crawford, #9) by Charles Todd Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel (Scoundrels of St. James, #4) by Lorraine Heath Murder in Murray Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #16) by Victoria Thompson This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Return to Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #4) by Karen White A SEAL's Secret (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #7) by Tawny Weber

Yes, Delusion in Death was fantastic and the twist in Midnight Pleasures with a Scoundrel is excellent. It really caught me by surprise. I also really enjoyed Midnight Rainbow - if I hadn't known I would never have believed it was written in 1986.

5. Overall summary of your reading month? I read 17 books and enjoyed most. Only two that were problematic.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Wow, Lauren! Great month and congrats on moving forward in nine series💜 Guess that overcompensates for the new ones, huh😏

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I got up to date in one series, Silver Springs by Brenda Novak, though another book is scheduled for release in December.

Yes, I started three new series (but they are so good!) and loved all of them.
Charles Jenkins by Robert Dugoni
Devil You Know by Kerrigan Byrne
Cyrus Haven by Michael Robotham

I moved forward in three series:
Gaslight Mystery by Victoria Thompson
Hostage Rescue Team by Kaylea Cross
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

I had three standouts, one of them 5 stars. How to Love a Duke in Ten Days was just wonderful and I finally got to read something by this author. The Lost Girls of Paris was quite the surprise as I learned some about WWII I hadn’t known and the story was exceptional. And The Eighth Sister was a perfect mashup of espionage, mystery and suspense! Finally got to read this author, too.

I didn’t get much read (life showed up) in terms of quantity but I got to read books by three authors I’ve tracked for a while and they lived up to the hype. And, I enjoyed all ten books I read.
How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know, #1) by Kerrigan Byrne The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff The Eighth Sister (Charles Jenkins #1) by Robert Dugoni

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1353 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Well, I read Everless and Evermore by Sara Holland and I think that's all there is going to be.

No new ones this month.

I moved forward in 1 series: City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare.

I really enjoyed both books by Sara Holland: Everless (Everless #1) and Evermore (Everless #2). The characters were great and the story line was unique.

5 books - not bad since a couple were pretty long.

message 10: by Viki (new)

Viki (vikir) | 638 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
No

No I didn't start any new series this month!
I moved forward in one series - Stephanie Plum Series

Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) by Janet Evanovich
Four to Score - I gave it a 4 stars. I really love this series and it is so funny. I was laughing a lot.
Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) by Janet Evanovich
I think I did pretty well this month. I Finished two books. One of the books is by an author that I like to read at summer time, it was not her best but it was still good.

Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) by Janet Evanovich The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Jonetta wrote: "Wow, Lauren! Great month and congrats on moving forward in nine series💜 Guess that overcompensates for the new ones, huh😏"

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!😜

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Jonetta wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I got up to date in one series, Silver Springs by Brenda Novak, though another book is scheduled for release in December.
"

Those series look interesting, Jonetta. I feel the need coming on to add them to my TBR ...

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2299 comments 1. I got current in these series-
Fall (VIP, #3) by Kristen Callihan All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3) by Jennifer Probst
I completed these series-
The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves #3) by Karla Sorensen Until Nico (Until, #4) by Aurora Rose Reynolds Final Lap (Fast Track, #8) by Erin McCarthy After Dark (Night Owl, #3) by M. Pierce Superfan (Brooklyn, #3) by Sarina Bowen When We Kiss by Tia Louise

2. I started these new series and I will continue
Tapping the Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1) by Max Monroe Hilarious Romcom 5 stars

Midnight Rainbow (Rescues, #1) by Linda Howard I re-read Me. Perfect so it got me in the mood to checkout a series I missed of Linda Howard

Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover Addicting about a group of friends who work in a tattoo parlor I binged the first 3 all 5 star books.

3. I moved forward in these-
Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5) by Kristen Ashley Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain, #6) by Kristen Ashley Tapping Her (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1.5) by Max Monroe Exposed (Hostage Rescue Team #6) by Kaylea Cross Jet (Marked Men, #2) by Jay Crownover

4. My 5 star reads,I had a lot of them-
Idol (VIP, #1) by Kristen Callihan one of the better Rock band series I’ve read
Mine by Courtney Cole Wife discovers her husband having an affair and her showdown with the other woman. Enough said
Bohemian by Kathryn Nolan set in a “ hippie”bookstore a supermodel shooting a spread hooks up with the nerdy owner. This is hotter then hell but the bookstore, book and author references are the real star of this. This was an unexpected gem.
The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary Quirky and unique characters unique premise.
Superfan (Brooklyn, #3) by Sarina Bowen great ending to the Brooklyn Bruisers series A favorite hockey series.
Night Owl (Night Owl, #1) by M. Pierce Last Light (Night Owl, #2) by M. Pierce After Dark (Night Owl, #3) by M. Pierce hotter then hell over the top trilogy.
5. 26 books this month and I finished a few series I’ve been working on for a long time and started some series that I’ve had my eye on for a long time.