Sorcery of Thorns
This topic is about Sorcery of Thorns
Past Monthly Reads > September Book of the Month - Sorcery of Thorns

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new) - added it

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1841 comments Mod
Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

All sorcerers are evil. Elisabeth has known that as long as she has known anything. Raised as a foundling in one of Austermeer’s Great Libraries, Elisabeth has grown up among the tools of sorcery—magical grimoires that whisper on shelves and rattle beneath iron chains. If provoked, they transform into grotesque monsters of ink and leather. She hopes to become a warden, charged with protecting the kingdom from their power.

Then an act of sabotage releases the library’s most dangerous grimoire. Elisabeth’s desperate intervention implicates her in the crime, and she is torn from her home to face justice in the capital. With no one to turn to but her sworn enemy, the sorcerer Nathaniel Thorn, and his mysterious demonic servant, she finds herself entangled in a centuries-old conspiracy. Not only could the Great Libraries go up in flames, but the world along with them.

As her alliance with Nathaniel grows stronger, Elisabeth starts to question everything she’s been taught—about sorcerers, about the libraries she loves, even about herself. For Elisabeth has a power she has never guessed, and a future she could never have imagined.

Who is in for this one?

Renée (reneetheunissen) | 93 comments I’m in! I have read the first four chapters today, so far I am really enjoying it!

message 3: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new) - added it

Good to hear Renee. I'm unsure whether I'll be reading this one due to not currently owning it and I'm trying really hard not to add any more to my list until I've read some that I own.

message 4: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo Elliott | 1471 comments I'm not sure if I'll be reading this one this month, I have it, but it depends whether I have time, I'm quite busy at work and I have lots of other books I want to read!

Laura ☾ | 582 comments I won't be re-reading this as I read it quite recently but would be happy to join in discussion :D

message 6: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new) - added it

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2127 comments Mod
I don't read a lot of fantasy but this one sounds interesting! I placed it on hold at the library so if I get it in time I'll join!

Brittany | 4404 comments Mod
This book looks great but there is no digital copy at the library and the physical copy has a long waitlist with it being such a new book still. So everyone enjoy!

Renée (reneetheunissen) | 93 comments I am currently at chapter 13 of the book and so far the book is really enjoyable but also so predictable. The main character is so generic and you can already tell who the love interest is going to be.
However, I am really enjoying it and flying through the book in no time.
(view spoiler)

Renée (reneetheunissen) | 93 comments I finished it a few days again. Even though I liked it quite a lot, I think there are so many things in this book that could have been better. It feels as if the author goes so fast through the story while some parts could have used more details and depth to be explored more.

Glad you enjoyed it and good to know that parts feel rushed.

Althea ☾ (themoonwholistens) I really loved this book huhu <33 hope you guys enjoy it as well hihi

message 12: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new) - added it

So glad you're enjoying it guys. Unfortunately work is insane this month. September is the first month back teaching in the UK so it's always manic for me so I won't be able to read this one this month.

message 13: by Sanja (last edited Sep 30, 2019 05:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sanja | 29 comments I just started this last night after purchasing it as the bookstore (I really need to stop buying books haha) and I am already loving it! Love the writing and how deeply atmospheric it is. Also, the characters and how the novel is about books as living things-very interesting concept! I am on page 122 and if anyone else is reading this, please add me and I'd love to discuss and share thoughts.

Glad you are enjoying it Sanja!

Sanja | 29 comments Thank you, Brittany! Just finished it and wrote my review! It was such a wonderful, original read! I am going to give her other book: An Enchantment of Ravens another try!