Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > September Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 1962 comments Mod
September has arrived. What romance audios are you listening to this month? Please share your thoughts once you are finished. 

message 2: by Samantha (last edited Sep 01, 2019 07:02AM) (new)

I'm starting Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare

message 3: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 652 comments I finished Under Currents Under Currents by Nora Roberts and loved it. The narration by January LaVoy was fantastic.

Now listening to The Queen and the Cure The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2) by Amy Harmon by Amy Harmon.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4102 comments Mod
KathyB wrote: "I finished Under CurrentsUnder Currents by Nora Roberts and loved it. The narration by January LaVoy was fantastic.

Now listening to The Queen and the Cure..."

I loved it, too, Kathy! January LaVoy is one of the best.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished Under CurrentsUnder Currents by Nora Roberts and loved it. The narration by January LaVoy was fantastic.

Now listening to The Queen and the Cure[bo..."

Oh let us know how The Queen and the Cure is. I have looked at it.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

I have started Black Sheep by Meghan March Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1) by Meghan March

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Day | 16 comments Marriage for one. So far this Slow burn is really good!

message 8: by L J (new)

L J | 353 comments Just finished the newest J.D. Robb Eve Dallas book, narrated by Susan Ericksen. Received it late last night and started it immediately.
Vendetta in Death (In Death #49) by J.D. Robb Vendetta in Death is more "how do we catch 'em" than "who done it" with most series characters appearing onstage police since the book takes place in a short time period. There were offstage scenes mentioned so we get to catch up with some characters not onstage. I found Roarke showing his love by reminding Eve to eat, providing coffee and getting her clothes ready for her so she has time to shower, rather sweetly romantic.

message 9: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 652 comments I finished The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2) by Amy Harmon The Queen and the Cure and liked it, but didn't love it. It had a decent plot, but nothing I'd listen to again. That said, the first book in the series (The Bird and the Sword) is a favorite, so it was nice catching up with those characters.

Now listening to Never Love a Highlander Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3) by Maya Banks by Maya Banks.

** All books listed are available with Audible Escape.

message 10: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 652 comments I finished Never Love a Highlander and enjoyed it, great finish to the trilogy. The narration by Kirsten Potter was excellent.

I also listened to new release by Tara Sivec - Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words. She's hit or miss for me, but I liked this one. It had a lot of laughs and the narration by Andi Arndt was fantastic.
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec

** Both books are available with Audible Escape.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished Never Love a Highlander and enjoyed it, great finish to the trilogy. The narration by Kirsten Potter was excellent.

I also listened to new release by Tara Sivec - book..."

I would have loved listening to that trilogy. I read it a few years ago and loved it, one of my favorites by the author.

message 12: by maggieandteddy (new)

maggieandteddy (maggieteddy) | 6 comments I loved Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words. It took a couple chapters to grab me. It's I fun quick listen. Heidi's family is a crack up.
I'm going to make the Nightmare bars. I was on FB live on Sun & Andi Ardnt & Tara Sivec were on. Andi sent me the recipe! She's so nice. She actually thought of the story & Audible suggested Tara Sivec to co-write it with her. I'm listening to Instant Gratification by Lauren Blakely. I'm really bored with it. I used one of my Audible credits. I love the narrators but the plot is... not really there. I'm going to dnf :(

message 13: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 652 comments maggieandteddy wrote: "I loved Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words. It took a couple chapters to grab me. It's I fun quick listen. Heidi's family is a crack up.
I'm going to make the Nightmare bars. I was on FB live on S..."

Yeah, Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words is funny, perfect rom-com.

Sorry to hear about Instant Gratification, Lauren Blakely's books usually don't work for me. The book blurbs usually interest me, but the stories don't deliver. She obviously appeals to a lot of people though, she's extremely successful.

message 14: by Stacey (last edited Sep 12, 2019 07:13AM) (new)

Stacey | 102 comments I just finished Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds It’s the first book in her new series. I’m usually very happy with her alpha over the top H’s
. However this one was a let down.
. Which is disheartening considering is the first book of the series. I’m listening to Crank (The Gibson Boys, #1) by Adriana Locke I hope it picks up.

I have listened a lot of bad audiobooks in the last few months .
If any of you have any suggestions of your top 2 romance audio books you listened to in the last year that you would recommend it would be much appreciated. I have two credits now with Audible
Thanks in advance

message 15: by Jonetta (last edited Sep 12, 2019 06:22AM) (new)

Stacey wrote: "I just finished Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds It’s the first book in her new series. I’m usually very happy with her alpha over the top H’s
. Which is dishear..."

I’m a huge Christina Lauren fan and loved two of hers recently, My Favorite Half-Night Stand & Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating. I think you’d really enjoy it. I also loved her Love and Other Words, which is a little more intense.

If you like Colleen Hoover, definitely check out All Your Perfects! Oh! And Ugly Love.

If you like romantic suspense, check out Pamela Clare’s I-Team series. Kaleo Griffith narrates all the books and is wonderful. The first book is Extreme Exposure.
My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare

message 16: by Keewatin (last edited Sep 12, 2019 07:07AM) (new)

Keewatin  | 69 comments Stacey wrote: "I just finished Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds It’s the first book in her new series. I’m usually very happy with her alpha over the top H’s
. Which is dishear..."

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was left feeling let down after Catching Him Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds .

I am currently listening to Tristan Tristan (The Ruins of Emblem #1) by Cora Brent by Cora Brent, which pretty good, so far.

message 17: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 102 comments Thank you for the recs!! So rad and much appreciated 🤗
Mama needs out of her rut ASAP

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

Hope you find something that gets you out of that rut!

message 19: by Debby*BabyDee (last edited Sep 12, 2019 02:53PM) (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 430 comments Finshished the following 5-Stars which I truly enjoyed:

Beneath an Italian Sky by Stacy Henrie Beneath an Italian Sky My Review

Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3) by Maya Banks Never Love a Highlander

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (aranel22) | 17 comments I just finished Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1) by Tessa Bailey it was really good, and super HOT! I gave it 4 stars.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

I'm halfway through White Knight by Meghan March White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet, #2) by Meghan March

message 23: by Samantha (new)

I'm starting The Strangers on Montagu Street by Karen White The Strangers on Montagu Street (Tradd Street, #3) by Karen White I love this series.

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Blind Spot by Brenda Novak, The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles #4, and it was one fast, exciting ride! Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane.
Blind Spot (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #4) by Brenda Novak Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane

message 25: by L J (last edited Sep 16, 2019 09:02AM) (new)

L J | 353 comments I've been reading more mystery than romance recently but did audio for re-read of Angels' Flight (Guild Hunter, #0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 3.5) by Nalini Singh Angels' Flight by Nalini Singh narrated by Justine Eyre. I read it before but I think I got more out of it this time after reading the later books even though most of the stories take place before the series starts.
Archangel's War by Nalini Singh Archangel's War comes out September 24 and I wanted to read something in the Guild Hunter world before jumping into it.

message 26: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 652 comments Sarah wrote: "I just finished Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1) by Tessa Bailey it was really good, and super HOT! I gave it 4 stars."

I finished Fix Her Up yesterday. I enjoyed it, thanks for posting.

I'm now listening to Marriage for One Marriage for One by Ella Maise by Ella Maise.

message 27: by L J (new)

L J | 353 comments Read two more books in the Familiar Legacy series with Trouble the cat. I enjoyed both. I put them on my romantic suspense shelf as well as my cozy cat mystery shelf.
Rebecca Barrett is author of both Trouble in Dixie (Familiar Legacy, #2) by Rebecca Barrett Trouble in Dixie and Trouble in Paradise (Familiar Legacy, #6) by Rebecca Barrett Trouble in Paradise. They are narrated by Antony Ferguson and Ann Marie Gideon. Ferguson narrates the parts of the books that are from Trouble's POV and does well at it. According to Trouble he has a "posh" British accent due to growing up watching Sherlock Holmes on TV. Ann Marie Gideon does well with the rest of the text except for Trouble's voice. Even if the print says "meow" I wish she would put more into it. Maybe she's never been around a talkative cat.
Trouble in Paradise takes place in Key West. Though it has little to do with the romance or the mystery I enjoyed Trouble's interactions with Hemingway cats. He doesn't understand them so thinks they are a bit touched in the head and they seem to enjoy being cryptic. The cat names thing was fun. The Hemingway cats are literary cats so of course follow the T.S. Eliot Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats naming tradition. Trouble has never heard of such a thing. He is evidently not much of a reader unless it pertains to a case. Perhaps another way in which he is following the example of his idol Sherlock Holmes?
There is a romance in each book in the series. Since Trouble being in each book seems to be the only thing that connects the books in the series I think each could be read as a standalone. Each author seems to have a slightly different take on Trouble, what he knows and how he behaves, so even that connection is tenuous. While I may read other books in the series I feel no need to read every book.

message 28: by Samantha (new)

I did enjoy The Strangers on Montagu Street The Strangers on Montagu Street (Tradd Street, #3) by Karen White this series is just a comfort read. I love how the narrator helps to bring the story to life.

I'm starting Royally Yours by Emma Chase Royally Yours (Royally, #4) by Emma Chase

message 29: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 652 comments After a couple of mediocre audios, I'm hoping the next one is better. I'm now listening to Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center. The narrator is Therese Plummer, so I know at least the narration will be good.

message 30: by Samantha (new)

I finished Royally Yours (Royally, #4) by Emma Chase Royally Yours and loved it. Queen Leonora and Edward was perfect.

I'm starting Return to Tradd Street by Karen White Return to Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #4) by Karen White

message 31: by maggieandteddy (new)

maggieandteddy (maggieteddy) | 6 comments I was on staycation this week, so I thought that I would take advantage of extra reading/listening time. No such luck. I'm on wait list for some published titles, I'm high on the list for next week and after. I did finish and enjoyed: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. I really enjoyed the narration. Multi cast -1 main female narrator & 2 supporting narrators. I gave 4.5. I go back & forth if this is romance. At B&N it's not in the Romance section-it's in Fiction. I did not miss a male narrator at all. It was all Evelyn's story. I borrowed from Overdrive. I will be buying the paperback for a friend-since she doesn't do audio. I will probably buy a copy for myself. I bought the kindle copy when it was on sale. *By the way, I didn't like Daisy and The Six also by Taylor Jenkins Reid, I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I heard the audio (multi cast) is WAY better.

message 32: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Daisy Jones & The Six next month as I’ve heard the audiobook is excellent.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.