The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENTS > The Fall 2019 Challenge Begins!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 01, 2019 03:51AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
Good-bye Summer! Hello Fall! The Fall 2019 Challenge has begun!

Welcome back returning players! Thank you for making this group so much fun. If you are just joining us as a new player, we are glad you are here.

If you need help getting started please see Getting Started, SRC Explained, and Welcome Newcomers.

The Fall 2019 bonus theme is: Damsels
There are 54 tasks.
The Challenge point goal is 905.

10 x 5 points = 50
10 x 10 points = 100
10 x 15 points = 150
10 x 20 points = 200
7 x 25 points = 175
6 x 30 points = 180
1 x 50 points = 50

Many of the tasks have already been posted. The remaining tasks will be posted as they are available. The aim is to have all tasks, excepting 50.1, posted by September 7. All tasks are draft until September 12. Please carefully review the task descriptions on September 13 as task requirements may have changed during the review period. Task 50.1 will be posted after the season midpoint October 15.

Please read the task descriptions thoroughly!

We strongly recommend that you review The Rules of the Challenge, Posting Requirements and Frequently Asked Questions.

We will continue the 50 point task contest. The submission thread will open September 15.

The Fall 2019 Challenge folder holds: Challenge Tasks, Completed Tasks, the Readerboard, Questions/Problems, the current Challenge Rules, the season's Group Reads discussion threads, Task Ideas, the Calendar and submission threads for the season's contests.
The topics can be sorted by clicking on the topics heading.

The Fall 2019 Challenge will end on November 30, 2019 at midnight Eastern time.

We hope this season's tasks lead you to some great books. Happy reading!

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

All of the tasks (except the 50 point task) have now been posted.

Tasks are draft until September 12, so there may be changes up until then (typically only minor or to clarify ambiguities).

A special thank you to the SRC participants who had to be contacted late in the process, but who then created a terrific task in a very short time!

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

All of the tasks (except the 50 point task) have now been posted and finalized. Please carefully review the task descriptions as task requirements may have changed during the review period.
The 50 point task ideas submission thread will open on September 15.

message 4: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1055 comments Are we allowed to submit more than one idea for the 50-point task? I wrote up an idea, which then spawned another which I also wrote up...I can't decide which one I like best.

message 5: by Diane Whitney (new)

Diane Whitney | 533 comments I'm struggling to locate the the 50 point task submission folder. Just thought I'd take a peek, even though I can't submit and there isn't one in the Fall Challenge folder.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15905 comments Mod
Diane Whitney wrote: "I'm struggling to locate the the 50 point task submission folder. Just thought I'd take a peek, even though I can't submit and there isn't one in the Fall Challenge folder."

note the message above - there will be a 50 point submission folder on September 15.

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 15905 comments Mod
Aprilleigh wrote: "Are we allowed to submit more than one idea for the 50-point task? I wrote up an idea, which then spawned another which I also wrote up...I can't decide which one I like best."

yes, you can submit more than one, but each must be in a separate post.

message 8: by Aprilleigh (new)

Aprilleigh (aprilleighlauer) | 1055 comments Sandy wrote: "Aprilleigh wrote: "Are we allowed to submit more than one idea for the 50-point task? I wrote up an idea, which then spawned another which I also wrote up...I can't decide which one I like best."

..."

Thanks Sandy!