A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Sign ups- Buddy Picks TBR for October 2019

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Purple Bookish Frog (Bonnie) (purplebookishfrog) | 393 comments Mod
If you wish to participate with the October 3018 Buddy Picks TBR, please comment below with your name 🤓.

This is going to be so much fun. It is hoped that this will help members to get to know each other a little bit more and find out more about what books we all like to read. I love having a nosy through other people’s bookshelves too.

Remember sign ups close midnight on 7th September (GMT UK time).

Bonnie Dedaur - totally up for this

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I am in - Bonnie

message 4: by Eden (new)

Eden | 699 comments Mod
Me!

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Doiron Sounds like fun! I’m in

message 6: by Kelli Anne (new)

Kelli Anne (kellianne86) | 5 comments Mod
I am in. Silly question I know how to make a shelf but what is a TBR profile? lol

message 7: by Eden (new)

Eden | 699 comments Mod
Kelli Anne wrote: "I am in. Silly question I know how to make a shelf but what is a TBR profile? lol"

It's just on your regular profile :) That's what I did anyway

message 8: by Kelli Anne (new)

Okay I just wanted to check. lol

message 9: by Kelli Anne (new)

okay I made my list. some are things i'm not in the middle of but the ones I put that i'm "currently reading" are books I haven't picked up in 6 months or LONGER. like YEARS longer. so I added them because I need the kick in the pants to get them finished! Hope that is allowed.

Kelli Anne wrote: "okay I made my list. some are things i'm not in the middle of but the ones I put that i'm "currently reading" are books I haven't picked up in 6 months or LONGER. like YEARS longer. so I added them..."

That is perectly fine. Sounds like a brilliant way to get your reading done x

message 11: by Kelli Anne (new)

lol that's what I thought. I have 18 currently reading books and like 10 of them haven't been touched in so long. not because I don't want to finish them but new stuff always catches my attention first. but I would love for that list to dwindle so why not hahaha but I added in a fair amount of new reads as well.

Kelli Anne wrote: "lol that's what I thought. I have 18 currently reading books and like 10 of them haven't been touched in so long. not because I don't want to finish them but new stuff always catches my attention f..." I’m like that with stitching! 🙈

Hello all,

As there were only 5 people signed up this time around I have assigned a TBR shelf to each of you to choose a book for using the list randomiser option on Random. Org rather than pairing you all up. If we get more people signing up for the November Buddy Picks then it may be possible to pair up buddies, however I hoping that this current method will prove to be more beneficial to participation and discussion throughout the month. Let me know what you think as time goes on so I can ensure that it is better each round.

Anyway please see your assigned buddy to choose a book for:

BUDDY PICKS FROM TBR

Bonnie Kelli Anne
Jenny Eden
Eden Christine
Christine Bonnie
Kelli Anne Jenny

Please see below the schedule in order to make sure you have your tbr shelf updated accordingly. Any questions let me know x

Have fun browsing!!

Christine,

I have chosen five books for my buddy picks TBR. You can browse my shelf whenever you are ready 📖🤓👋🏻👍🏻🥳

message 15: by Kelli Anne (new)

Jenny I choose Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson for you :)

message 16: by Eden (new)

Eden | 699 comments Mod
Christine, I picked Priory of the Orange Tree for your read! :D

Hi Kelli Anne.

I chose Wicked: The life and times
Of the wicked witch of the west. I thought it would be. Great time for you to finish a book and use it to contribute towards one or more of the challenges for October. Yay!!

Hope you enjoy my TBR pick for you xx

message 18: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Eden, I chose for you A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab :)

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Kelli Anne wrote: "Jenny I choose Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson for you :)"

Thanks, Kelli Anne. I am looking forward to starting this challenge.

Hi all. Just to clarify that the buddy system for the month of October is more like a round robin or relay based on the fact that there were an odd number of participants.

* Bonnie will pick for - Kelli Anne
* Jenny will pick for - Eden
* Eden will pick for - Christine
* Christine will pick for - Bonnie
* Kelli Anne will pick for - Jenny

I just wanted to make sure that there were no confusion in the allocation.

Although I have a confession to make: I have had a nosy through ALL of your SBC TBR shelves! 🤓📖🤓📖🤓

message 21: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Bonnie wrote: "Hi all. Just to clarify that the buddy system for the month of October is more like a round robin or relay based on the fact that there were an odd number of participants.

* Bonnie will pick for ..."

Thanks, Bonnie!

message 22: by Purple Bookish Frog (Bonnie) (last edited Sep 12, 2019 11:38PM) (new)

You are very welcome Christine x

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Doiron Eden wrote: "Christine, I picked Priory of the Orange Tree for your read! :D"

Yay! I need to get going on this one.

message 24: by Christine (new)

Christine Doiron Bonnie wrote: "Christine,

I have chosen five books for my buddy picks TBR. You can browse my shelf whenever you are ready 📖🤓👋🏻👍🏻🥳"

Ok I’m curious about this Hades Hangmen series. So I chose It Ain’t Me for you to read.

Oooh Christine that’s a gooooood choice.

You know, I stumbled across it as an audiobook on YouTube and I think I listened to about 2 chapters and then decided that I must get the kindle book and add it to my TBR. Can’t wait to read it!

Thank you x

message 26: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I ready to participate in this challenge. I have my book beside my bed ready to go. Yeah!

Me too. It’s driving me crazy having to wait I TIL October 1st lol

message 28: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Started to read Murder, Interrupted!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.