A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Buddy Picks TBR for October 2019

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (purplebookishfrog) | 345 comments Mod
Sign ups for this fun event will run from today 1st September to 7th September. I’m in the UK so the deadline for sign up will be midnight GMT London time 😀.

Each person participating needs to create a new Shelf on their TBR profile and Name it “Stitcher’s Book Club” or “SBC” and fill it with a minimum of 3 books that you would like to read. You must keep it updated and only put books that you already own or can source quickly from Libraries etc by 1st October. It must be ready for your Buddy to browse and pick a book for you by 14th September.

To make things easier I shall make a schedule list so you know what will happen and when until 1st October when you are able to read that book. You can find this at the bottom of this post.

A sign up thread will be started today for you to add your name if you would like to join up.

I shall pair you all up using a random app and announce your Buddy between 8th & 14th September. You must have your TBR shelf updated by midnight 14th September (GMT) to allow your buddy to begin browsing and choose a book for you by end of day 21st September. This will allow time for you all to source the book chosen for you.

There are no prompts or themes for this however you are welcome to use the prompts from the other challenges when choosing your book for your shelf if you like.

Any questions or opinions please let me know in the comments below 😀

September Schedule:

01 September-07 September: Sign Ups and creating SBC TBR Shelf

08 September-14 September: Buddy Selected and announced. SBC TBR Shelf updated.

15 September-21 September: Buddies to browse and announce each other’s chosen book.

22 September-30 September: get the chosen books ready for October.

HAPPY READING X

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Yeah - I can start to read my book today.

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Omg I’ve been waiting for so long to start my book. I’m starting it tonight!!!!!! Whooo hoo. Also gonna listen to it whilst I stitch!!!!

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Bonnie wrote: "Omg I’ve been waiting for so long to start my book. I’m starting it tonight!!!!!! Whooo hoo. Also gonna listen to it whilst I stitch!!!!"

Bonnie, what are you working on at the moment?

message 5: by Bonnie (new)

It’s book one of the Hangmen Series: It ain’t me, babe by Tillie Cole
It Ain't Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen, #1) by Tillie Cole

It’s quite interesting but pretty graphic when it comes to sex scenes. Also it’s about a motor cycle gang and they go around calling women “bitches” which really annoys me. But I’m trying to rise above it and read the book for the story.

So far so good though.

What book got chosen for you?

message 6: by Jenny (last edited Oct 05, 2019 06:30AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) The book that was chosen for me was

Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson
Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson

I finished this non-fiction book about two murder cases. Murder, Interrupted is easy to read and written in the way that James Patterson writes all his books - short chapters highlighting the main points.

message 7: by Bonnie (new)

Glad you liked the chosen book.

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Can anyone pick another book for me? I have finished Murder, Interrupted by James Patterson

message 9: by Bonnie (new)

I choose Undertow by Michael Buckley. I want to read this one, one day too.

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Bonnie wrote: "I choose Undertow by Michael Buckley. I want to read this one, one day too."

Thanks, Bonnie.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.