YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Granny's Got a Gun (Secret Agent Granny #1)
This topic is about Granny's Got a Gun
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > Secret Agent Granny #1: Granny's Got a Gun by Harper Lin - Starting 1st September 2019

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 45793 comments Mod
A hilarious new mystery series from USA TODAY Bestselling Author Harper Lin

Barbara Gold, a retired CIA agent, is bored out of her skull in Cheerville, a small town in New England—until a man is poisoned during a book club meeting for seniors. Everyone thinks Lucien had a heart attack, but from his symptoms, Barbara knows someone has slipped poison into his cake or drink. Even though she is no longer under cover, Barbara feels as if she’s only playing the part of a sweet grandmother, but this may just be her most useful cover yet.

The clock ticks as she investigates who in the Cheerville Active Readers’ Society would want Lucien dead. It’s only a matter of time before his death is declared murder and the police start hounding everyone.

Suddenly Barbara’s CIA training is useful again, and Cheerville is starting to seem not so dull after all…

Read the thrilling and funny first novella (30,000 words) in the Secret Agent Granny mystery series.

Grandson (view spoiler)

Eddie (view spoiler)

Lucien (view spoiler)

Review: A hilarious new mystery series from USA TODAY Bestselling Author Harper Lin

Barbara Gold, a retired CIA agent, is bored out of her skull in Cheerville, a small town in New England—until a man is poisoned during a book club meeting for seniors. Everyone thinks Lucien had a heart attack, but from his symptoms, Barbara knows someone has slipped poison into his cake or drink. Even though she is no longer under cover, Barbara feels as if she’s only playing the part of a sweet grandmother, but this may just be her most useful cover yet.

The clock ticks as she investigates who in the Cheerville Active Readers’ Society would want Lucien dead. It’s only a matter of time before his death is declared murder and the police start hounding everyone.

Suddenly Barbara’s CIA training is useful again, and Cheerville is starting to seem not so dull after all…

Read the thrilling and funny first novella (30,000 words) in the Secret Agent Granny mystery series.

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 3% (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 12% (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 30%(view spoiler)

Shae wrote: "3% [spoilers removed]"

Yeah described as a mix between romance and erotica XD I loved the description of the bedroom activities XD

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 34% (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 60% (view spoiler)

message 10: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 85% (view spoiler)

message 11: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 93% (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11303 comments Starting now!

Courtney | 11303 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11303 comments Shae wrote: "12% [spoilers removed]"

How scary would that be to now someone you know was behind that?

Courtney | 11303 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11303 comments Shae wrote: "34% [spoilers removed]"

Definitely a smart ass remark lol it was funny though.

Courtney | 11303 comments Shae wrote: "85% [spoilers removed]"

Right! What the heck?

Yeah it's just so crazy right, but also slightly expected from him, as they're making him so stereotypical

Courtney | 11303 comments Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11303 comments Finished. It was way better then I expected.

Haha I'm glad, I didn't pay too much attention hence the lack of updates

Ashleigh | 3281 comments 27% - (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3281 comments 42% - (view spoiler)

Ashleigh | 3281 comments 73% - (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11303 comments Ashleigh wrote: "73% - [spoilers removed]"

I liked it more then I thought to, and I couldnt work out who did it either.

message 26: by Shae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Courtney wrote: "Finished. It was way better then I expected."

I agree! I liked the humour etc I really wasn’t expecting to enjoy it at all haha

Ashleigh | 3281 comments @Courtney and Shae - I have a tricky relationship with cozy mysteries, but I really really enjoyed this one haha!

Ashleigh | 3281 comments Finished - (view spoiler)

XD I seem to be the only one that didn't love it! But then I've never been a fan of mysteries. Glad you could all join in XD