Aussie Readers discussion

Our Authors Spotlight > Children's book Illustrator needed!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 15 comments G'day all!

I'm new to this group, and I apologise to Brenda for putting my first request in the wrong category. Also, I'm known as 'Tito Kithes Athano' on Goodreads because that's the pen-name I took when I released a series of books a few years ago, but my real name is Bob Springett.

I have several stories I invented for my children back when they were 3 to 6 years of age, and now my grandson loves them. I've been told to get them published. So I'm starting to put them onto paper.

They feature a cast of about ten Australian animals (of primary school age) in various different stories, all of them gently didactic in support of an anti-discrimination attitude.

But I can't draw. I'd have trouble drawing a bucket of water from a well. I need the next Mem Fox as a partner!

Any illustrators out there who might be interested in looking through my drafts and collaborating?

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 68731 comments Mod
Congratulations Bob, and that's okay. Everyone is learning :) Good luck with finding an illustrator :)

message 3: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 15 comments I'm looking for a Beta-reader with a good background knowledge of Aboriginal culture. Pitjantjatjara culture in particular, if that's not too much to ask.

This is for a story of just under 16,000 words, set in 1978 but a retrospective of an old aboriginal man. A bitter-sweet love story, set against creeping European incursion, but ending with hope winning over despair.

It's reasonably well polished, but I'm looking for someone to advise where I'm wide of the mark. A re-write will be done if required.

bspringett@iprimus.com.au