Monthly Challenges discussion

September 2019 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Oct 01, 2019 09:38PM) (new)

Diana S | 2132 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson Recursion by Blake Crouch Queenie Malone's Paradise Hotel by Ruth Hogan Turning Point by Danielle Steel The Marriage Clock by Zara Raheem

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: The Marriage Clock by Zara Raheem & Recursion by Blake Crouch

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay Wilder Girls by Rory Power The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins Let's Hope for the Best by Carolina Setterwall Dragonslayer by Duncan M. Hamilton

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......
★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 3: by Marilyn (last edited Sep 02, 2019 04:49PM) (new)

Marilyn Lott | 476 comments For Book Concierge, I pick:

Ban This Book by Alan Gratz & Not Quite Nice by Celia Imrie

My 5 are:

What Unites Us Reflections on Patriotism by Dan Rather Wild Fire (Shetland Island, #8) by Ann Cleeves Lady in the Lake by Laura Lippman The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead Code Girls The Untold Story of the American Women Code Breakers Who Helped Win World War II by Liza Mundy

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 481 comments For Marilyn I pick
Wild Fire (Shetland Island, #8) by Ann Cleeves Lady in the Lake by Laura Lippman

My 5 are
Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8) by Darynda Jones Needle and Dread (A Southern Sewing Circle #11) by Elizabeth Lynn Casey A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Ghastly Glass (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #2) by Joyce Lavene Starboard Secrets (Cruise Ship Christian Cozy Mysteries #1) by Hope Callaghan

message 5: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 855 comments For Amber I pick:
Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8) by Darynda Jones Needle and Dread (A Southern Sewing Circle #11) by Elizabeth Lynn Casey

My 5 are:
Spying on the South Travels with Frederick Law Olmsted in a Fractured Land by Tony Horwitz Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens Midnight at the Blackbird Café by Heather Webber Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts

message 6: by Diana S (last edited Sep 05, 2019 08:16AM) (new)

For Linda, I picked:
Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas & Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts

Here are my five:
Winter Loon by Susan Bernhard The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare The Sparrow (The Sparrow, #1) by Mary Doria Russell Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

message 7: by Diana S (new)

Can someone pick 2 books for me?

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 725 comments I'll pick for you Diana ...

The Sparrow (The Sparrow, #1) by Mary Doria Russell and Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz (I'm in a "bird" mood ... LOL)

message 9: by Diana S (new)

LOL! Thanks Tessa :D