Play Book Tag discussion

Before the Fall
This topic is about Before the Fall
August 2019: 21st Century > Before the Fall by Noah Hawley-4.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Darci Day | 129 comments A private plane crashes, full of wealthy passengers and one down on his luck painter. Only the painter and a four year old boy survive. The story begins with a plane crash, then jumps back and forth in time, to slowly reveal what happened and the aftermath of the disaster.

After reading The Clockmaker's Daughter last month, I was wary of trying another book with multiple narrators, but I decided to give this one a shot anyway. I was even more reluctant when I realized that this one also jumps around in time. However, I thought this book was a perfect example of how those structural tropes can work really well when done right.

I really enjoyed this story. The plot was intriguing, and the story structure added to the story rather than detract from it. I also really appreciated how human all of the characters were. They weren't angels, but there were also very few devils. Just flawed, human people bumbling along to the best of their ability.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7644 comments This book has been on my TBR for so long! I almost bought it the other day at Barnes and Noble, it was on an end of thrilling summer reads!

Kind of regretting passing on it now!

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7121 comments I gave this one 5 stars- This is not my normal genre, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.