Book Loving Kiwis discussion

Group Reads > Group reads for Sept-Oct 2019: The Conductor and The Unreliable People

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica | 935 comments Mod
We have two group reads for Sept-Oct 2019: The Conductor by Sarah Quigley and The Unreliable People by Rosetta Allan.

You can discuss them both in this thread :)

Happy reading.

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1479 comments I'm reading The Unreliable People as an e-book, and I couldn't remember what made me borrow it from the library - usually I mark a book to-read and then it's months or even years before I get to it. Then I saw this Discussion Thread again - lol.

Am really enjoying it so far. I'll keep an eye on this thread for others' comments.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie | 137 comments Finished The Unreliable People and enjoyed it. Slow-starting but well worth diving into.

Loved the use of art and history to help tell Antonina's story. It's also a piece of history that I knew nothing of, so from that aspect too, I found it very interesting.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 137 comments Kathleen wrote: "I'm reading The Unreliable People as an e-book, and I couldn't remember what made me borrow it from the library - usually I mark a book to-read and then it's months or even years before I get to it..."

I really enjoyed it Kathleen. Have you finished it?

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica | 935 comments Mod
Glad you both enjoyed The Unreliable People. I saw it at the library on the weekend and really wanted to pick it up but I've just started a giant Diana Gabaldon book so might have to wait until after that.

message 6: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1479 comments Angie wrote: "Kathleen wrote: "I'm reading The Unreliable People as an e-book, and I couldn't remember what made me borrow it from the library - usually I mark a book to-read and then it's months or even years b..."

Goes to show how long since I've looked at my notifications ...! Yes, I enjoyed it very much. I was fascinated to learn about the Koreans in Russia - my knowledge of Asian history is woefully inadequate. And I really enjoyed the art throughout the book.