Books on the Nightstand discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General chat > What are you reading September, 2019

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2802 comments Mod
The Pillars of the EarthI'm reading Correspondents by Tim Murphy Correspondents and The Pillars of the Earth (Kingsbridge, #1) by Ken Follett listening to both We Must Be Brave by Frances Liardet We Must Be Brave and Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow Alexander Hamilton

Have a great Labor Day!

message 2: by Tina (last edited Sep 01, 2019 10:56AM) (new)

Tina (godmotherx5) | 92 comments I am listening to Master and Apprentice (Star Wars) by Claudia Gray Today, I will be starting Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison

Enjoy the long weekend!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen | 293 comments I just started The Beantown Girls by Jane Healey

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Started reading After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda | 2802 comments Mod
Finished listening to We Must Be Brave by Frances Liardet We Must Be Brave and Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow Alexander Hamilton. Starting to listen to I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson I'll Give You the Sun.
Now, if I can just stay out of the car, I could pay more attention to reading Correspondents by Tim Murphy Correspondents

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) | 510 comments Many things have basically stopped my reading in its tracks- but...I just finished a silly light book- I Heart Hollywood I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2) by Lindsey Kelk and I just started
The Murmur of Bees by Sofía Segovia

message 10: by Karen (last edited Sep 14, 2019 03:53AM) (new)

Karen | 293 comments I'm reading Lives Laid Away (August Snow #2) by Stephen Mack Jones so good! I read August Snow (August Snow #1) by Stephen Mack Jones earlier this year. I can 't wait for book #3 in the series!! August Snow is a great character.
He is doing for Detroit what Spenser by Robert B. Parker did for Boston!

message 12: by Deb (last edited Sep 17, 2019 05:29AM) (new)

Deb | 92 comments Finished Song of Solomon Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison and Never Have I Ever Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson

Reading: The Testaments The Testaments (The Handmaid's Tale, #2) by Margaret Atwood as a read along with Nerdette podcast

Ask Again, Yes Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane

message 13: by Phil (new)

Phil (travlnshu) | 27 comments Just Finished

The Buried Giant
by Kazuo Ishiguro

Also Finished

Braiding Sweetgrass
by Robin Kimmerer

Starting

The Handmaids Tale
by Margaret Atwood

message 14: by Karen (new)

message 15: by Debbie (new)

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 94 comments Christine wrote: "I am currently ready Crow by Amy Spurway. Crow by Amy Spurway. I am about a third of the way in. I am enjoying this one. I live in Canada and subscribe to a monthly Canadian book box and this..."

What is a Canadian Book Box..I live in Canada as well

message 17: by Julie (new)

Julie M (woolyjooly) | 279 comments I just began UNSHELTERED by Barbara Kingsolver. After listening to FLIGHT BEHAVIOR on audio, I am one again hooked on this author’s beautiful writing!

message 22: by Phil (new)

Phil (travlnshu) | 27 comments Just finished

The Handmaid's Tale
by Margaret Atwood
(Wow! what a read.)

starting
The Alchemist
by Paulo Coelho
&
The Souls of Black Folk
by W.E.B DuBois

Tried to start reading The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett a while back but it starts out slow and didn't hold my attention long enough to hang in there. So it's back in the queue..:-)

message 23: by Phil (new)

Phil (travlnshu) | 27 comments Have a great week to all, and Happy Reading!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.