Play Book Tag discussion

2016-19 Activities & Challenges > The Children of Men by P.D. James>Crossposted to Play Book Tag to the August TRM

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DianeMP (new)

DianeMP | 402 comments 3 stars

The human race has become infertile, and the last generation to be born is now adult. Civilization itself is crumbling as suicide and despair become commonplace. Oxford historian Theodore Faron, apathetic toward a future without a future, spends most of his time reminiscing. Then he is approached by Julian, a bright, attractive woman who wants him to help get her an audience with the cousin, the powerful Warden of England. She and her band of unlikely revolutionaries may just awaken his desire to live. . . and they may also hold the key to survival for the human race.
Generally I liked the book. It seemed to be a little light on the details of the basic storyline. It read more like a short story. Nine times out of ten the book is much better than the movie interpretation. But this may be that one of ten where the movie was better than the book. The movie supplies more details and feels more fleshed out than the book. An example of this would be the difference between the way immigration is handled in the book as opposed to the movie. The book glosses over the overall treatment of the subject, but the movie is much more specific in the way immigrants were treated. All in all I liked the book, but loved the movie.

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8315 comments Hi, Diane. This got posted as a separate thread in the "Activities and Challenges" folder. I think you probably meant to post it as a comment in the August Trim the TBR thread?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Just wanted to mention it so you could copy/paste it into the thread and get proper participation points for it!

message 3: by DianeMP (new)

DianeMP | 402 comments Thanks Cindy, You'd think I would know how to do that, but I don't.
I guess I don't do it often enough to remember. Any suggestions as how to post it in the proper place?

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8315 comments DianeMP wrote: "Thanks Cindy, You'd think I would know how to do that, but I don't.
I guess I don't do it often enough to remember. Any suggestions as how to post it in the proper place?"

You'll have to get in there soon before Nicole closes the thread.

Click the link I provided. Just under the title of the thread, it says "post a comment". Click that. Copy and paste what you've posted here over there. (Do you know how to copy/paste?)

You should be able to open this post again and immediately below the post itself, there should be an option to "delete". Only do this after you've copy/pasted over there, though!