Play Book Tag discussion

The Little Friend
This topic is about The Little Friend
August 2019: 21st Century > The Little Friend by Donna Tartt, 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heather (11999041-heather_c) | 66 comments Twelve year old Harriet’s older brother, Robin, was murdered one Mother’s Day when she was just a baby. The murder was never solved and Harriett decides to track down the killer herself over summer vacation. Although we are given clues throughout the book as to the killer’s identity, this book is mainly about Harriett and how this neglected twelve year old navigates growing up under the shadow of her brother’s tragic and untimely death in Alexandria, Mississippi. This is the third Donna Tartt book I’ve read and while I absolutely loved The Secret History and The Goldfinch, I didn’t enjoy this story as much. It was well written with plenty of character development but I was distracted by constantly trying to narrow down the time frame of when the story takes place and keeping track of all the questions being raised about what really happens – in the family’s past, in the town’s past, and ultimately, who murdered Robin.

message 2: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3775 comments I've had a DTB of this on my bookshelf since reading The Secret History (one of my all-time fav books). Sad to hear this wasn't as fabulous as her others, but still looking forward to reading this.