The Reading Cat discussion

Cats in the News > The Heart Breaking

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 52 comments Mod
How do you cope with stories of harm being done to cats? Do you know of positive ways to address this issue? Are there any organizations that you would like to highlight or tips for others to be able to cope with and help eradicate it?

Please do not share stories of cats being abused in any way. We all know these things are happening and if you are like me they cause you real pain. Instead let’s focus on helping one another to make the world a better place for our feline friends.

This group has zero tolerance for abuse and cruelty against any living thing.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (deborahkliegl) How I cope and make a difference is by volunteering at Here Today Adopted Tomorrow. Cage free, no kill cat shelter. We have a tnr program, a kids education program, and a care for life program. Care for life basically we pay for certain vet fees associated with a health condition such as diabetes or heart issues for the life of the cat. It helps the cat to b Adopted and have a better life. We also take cats from other shelters - the shy ones or ones that don’t do well in a cage environment.

One thing we should all keep in mind is we maybe can’t change the world, but if we help one, we’ve changed the world for that one.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 52 comments Mod
Deborah wrote: "How I cope and make a difference is by volunteering at Here Today Adopted Tomorrow. Cage free, no kill cat shelter. We have a tnr program, a kids education program, and a care for life program. Car..."

That care for life program sounds wonderful. A lot of senior cats are abandoned because of health issues. It sounds like you get a lot out of the volunteer work you do. And I am sure the cats love you.