Laugh out Loud Book Club discussion

Group Reads > The Host - No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 01, 2009 08:06AM) (new)

Here we can discuss The Host, but without spoilers. Just what you think, but don't reveal anything in case someone isn't finished with the book...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started this book. I haven't getten very far, but I like where the story has the possiblity to go. We will see what I think when I get farther into it. Has anyone else read this book or started it?

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill | 32 comments I had a hard time getting into it at the start. I don't know if I was expecting it to be more like Twlight or if it was just that I don't read a lot of science fiction (which was how I thought of it) and it took some getting used to.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

It did take some getting used to. Science Fiction is how I thought of it as well. I enjoyed Wanda's story, but didn't like Mel as much. I've heard rumors that there is supposed to be a sequel coming out in the future. What do you think about that? Do you prefer Twilight or this book?

message 5: by Jill (new)

Jill | 32 comments When I read Twilight to begin with I really enjoyed it and then a while back I decided I was going to reread all 4 books and never really got into it again. I still have my bookmark in about 100 pages or so and I don't know if I'll finish it or not. Between the two though i think I liked Twlight better. I liked the idea of a sequel when I first heard about it but now that it has been so long since I read The Host I think I'd have trouble remembering who was who.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoyed Twilight when I read it as well, but I wouldn't be able to re-read it. I think I would find more problems with it the second time and don't want to ruin the series for myself by re-reading them. I probably liked the Host better. I think I would be able to re-read this book before a sequel comes out and continue the series.