Laugh out Loud Book Club discussion

Group Reads > Fellowship of the Ring - No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here we can discuss The Fellowship of the Ring, but without spoilers. Just what you think, but don't reveal anything in case someone isn't finished with the book...

message 2: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 145 comments This may sound like a stupid question. But do we have to read the prologue? is it actually part of the book or just explaining things that i may already know bc of the movie?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the prologue wasn't in the movie (if I remember correctly). I think it's prior to where the movie started, but I could be wrong. I am going to re-read this book so I can join in for the whole series the next couple months.

Shanna, I'd say you should skim the prologue just to see if there is anything you want to know, but don't read it if you don't want to.

message 4: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 145 comments thanks! I suppose I'm going to read it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

:) Alright then. Hope you enjoy the book.

message 6: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 145 comments I am only like 5 pages in and it is so hard for me. I feel like I've been reading forever. lol. But I did realize this is my first fantasy/different "universe" type book. Most of the books I read take place in this current time. I'll read vamps books and such but they all are still in this century. But I'm trying!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Well good luck getting more into it. I think once you get past the first 100 pages it goes a lot faster, but that is still a ways away. Maybe it would be easier to listen to an audio book? That way you can do other stuff at the same time and it won't be so boring.

message 8: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 145 comments that is a very good idea!