Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon discussion

Daily Updates > Day 5 Update for September 27th

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tressa (last edited Sep 27, 2019 04:45PM) (new)

Tressa (Wishful Endings) | 38 comments Mod
Post your stats/what you read for day five here.

message 2: by Agnieszka (last edited Sep 27, 2019 03:06PM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 11 comments Day 5 Update for September 27th

Books Read Today:
5 (view spoiler)
Jesus Calling Morning and Evening Devotional by Sarah Young Giant Print Reference Bible-KJV-Classic by Anonymous The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie Georgiana Darcy's Diary Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued (Pride and Prejudice Chronicles, #1) by Anna Elliott A Life in Stitches by Rachael Herron
Pages Read Today: 310
Total Pages Read: 1,854
Total Books Read: 15

Books Not Finished Yet: 5 (view spoiler)
Jesus Calling Morning and Evening Devotional by Sarah Young Giant Print Reference Bible-KJV-Classic by Anonymous A Life in Stitches by Rachael Herron Total Control by David Baldacci Pushing Brilliance (Kyle Achilles #1) by Tim Tigner

Finished Books: 9 (view spoiler)
Der Einzelgänger 12 Jack-Reacher-Storys by Lee Child Backmischungen im Glas Über 25 süße und herzhafte Rezepte by Anna Selbach Das große Fröbelsternebuch Mit den schönsten Fröbelsternen von klassisch bis ausgefallen by Armin Täubner Weihnachtssterne aus Papier by Armin Täubner Kleine Weihnachtsfiguren zum Stricken - für die Weihnachtskrippe, den Christbaum, als Adventsgeschenk oder Wichtelgeschenk by Sue Stratford Forever Entangled (Forever Bluegrass, #1) by Kathleen Brooks Life Letters The Fruit of the Spirit by Becky Doughty Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10) by Janet Evanovich Georgiana Darcy's Diary Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice Continued (Pride and Prejudice Chronicles, #1) by Anna Elliott

DNF: 1 (view spoiler)
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

message 3: by Caryl (new)

Caryl | 8 comments I finished the third story in the Finding Ever After novella collection.

message 4: by Angie ☯ (last edited Sep 29, 2019 08:37PM) (new)

Angie ☯ | 9 comments Day 5 / Sept 27th:

Pages read: 386
Books completed: 2
Currently reading: n/a

Total pages read: 1,673
Total books completed: 6

Completed:
Black Nowhere (Lisa Tanchik #1) by Reece Hirsch An Argumentation of Historians (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #9) by Jodi Taylor The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager Alpha's Enemy (Bears of the Wild, #1) by Lola Gabriel The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep and Never Had To by D.C. Pierson Superhero by Eli Easton

First Line Challenge
"How did I come to be straddling a dead guy while a gun was jammed against the back of my head?" ~ Jacked Up! by J.A. Konrath

message 5: by Mara (last edited Sep 27, 2019 10:15PM) (new)

Mara | 13 comments Finished
Mistaken Reality by Traci Hunter Abramson 120 pages
The Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ by Anonymous 2 pages
P.S. I Love You (Twickenham Time Travel Romance) by Jo Noelle listened to for 2 hrs 19 mins

Books completed: 1.27
Total pages: 122

message 6: by Shash (new)

Shash | 7 comments Day 5

Pages Read:
An Agent for Gillian (The Pinkerton Matchmaker Book 43) by Ginny Sterling - 115 pages

Daily Total: 115 pages
Read-a-thon Total: 980 pages

Books Completed: 8
Marrying Miss Milton (Brides of Brighton #2) by Ashtyn Newbold An Agent for Alexina (The Pinkerton Matchmaker #42) by Laura Beers Tabitha Bride of Missouri (American Mail-Order Bride #24) by Amelia C. Adams Iain (The Ghosts of Culloden Moor, #19) by Melissa Mayhue Her Marriage Pact with the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Cove) by Lucy McConnell Laurel Bride of Arkansas (American Mail-Order Bride #25) by Carra Copelin On the Shores of Tregalwen (A Cornish Romance Novella) by Deborah M. Hathaway An Agent for Gillian (The Pinkerton Matchmaker Book 43) by Ginny Sterling

message 7: by Gloria (new)

Gloria (gdanderson) | 8 comments Day 5
Read: Read and Buried (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #6) by Eva Gates 70 pages

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Butler | 10 comments Day 5/September 27

Read/Time Listened: 3 hours, 18 minutes
Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read/Hours Listened: 19 hours, 53 minutes

message 9: by Tressa (new)

Agnieszka wrote: "Day 5 Update for September 27th

Books Read Today: 5
Jesus Calling Morning and Evening Devotional (2)
Giant Print Reference Bible-KJV-Classic Galatians; Psalm 1 & 8 ..."

I love that book count!

message 10: by Tressa (new)

Caryl wrote: "I finished the third story in the Finding Ever After novella collection."

Don't you love novellas because it still lets you feel accomplished in finishing a book? :D

message 11: by Tressa (new)

Angie ☯ wrote: "Day 5 / Sept 27th...

First Line Challenge
"How did I come to be straddling a dead guy while a gun was jammed against the back of my head?" ~ Jacked Up! by J.A. Konrath..."

Oh my gosh! That line! Totally makes me curious about this one.

message 12: by Tressa (new)

Mara wrote: "Finished
Mistaken Reality by Traci Hunter Abramson 120 pages..."

Did you enjoy Mistaken Reality?

message 13: by Tressa (new)

Shash wrote: "Day 5..."

You're consistently reading, which is great!

message 14: by Tressa (new)

Gloria wrote: "Day 5
Read: Read and Buried (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #6) by Eva Gates 70 pages"

I hope today is going well and you're getting some good reading in!

message 15: by Tressa (new)

Amanda wrote: "Day 5/September 27

Read/Time Listened: 3 hours, 18 minutes
Total Books Read: 2
Total Pages Read/Hours Listened: 19 hours, 53 minutes"

It's starting to add up to a lot of hours, which just amazes me. It makes me wonder how much time I spend reading. Hmm.

message 16: by Caryl (last edited Sep 28, 2019 06:13PM) (new)

Caryl | 8 comments Tressa wrote: "Caryl wrote: "I finished the third story in the Finding Ever After novella collection."

Don't you love novellas because it still lets you feel accomplished in finishing a book? :D"

Yes! Novellas satisfies my reading hunger when life gets in the way of reading a novel.

message 17: by Mara (new)

Mara | 13 comments Tressa wrote: "Mara wrote: "Finished
Mistaken Reality by Traci Hunter Abramson 120 pages..."

Did you enjoy Mistaken Reality?"

Yes!! I haven't written my review yet. It's got the Guardians in it and the Saints Squad. The way it started off had me thinking terrorist but nope, completely different direction.

message 18: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 11 comments Tressa wrote: "Angie ☯ wrote: "Day 5 / Sept 27th...

First Line Challenge
"How did I come to be straddling a dead guy while a gun was jammed against the back of my head?" ~ Jacked Up! by J.A. Konrath..."

Oh my gosh! That line! Totally makes me curious about this one."

His books are really great since he manages to combine an incredible amount of suspense and fun with interesting plots and characters. On the other hand they are not for the faint of heart becuase they contain extensive graphic violence. The last one got too much for me though I still hope to finish it sometime in the (rather distant) future.