SFF180 presents Space Opera September: Season 2: 2021 discussion

Thanks to everyone! Midnight 9/1 reading sprints!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (last edited Aug 31, 2019 12:57PM) (new)

Thomas Wagner (sff180) | 44 comments Mod
If you're ready for some night owl reading, then join me for the launch of Space Opera September — tonight!

I want to say how happy and grateful I am for the wildly enthusiastic response this readathon has gotten from all of you! Reading and watching everyone's TBR's has been a blast. I hope you all enjoy the month ahead.

Sorry I've been away from the group for so long, but I spent the middle of August in Dublin for Worldcon, and have been working on video content and prepping for SOS since then. I'm also on my way to Orlando for Booknet Fest on the 6-7th of September.

So how about we start Space Opera September off with some reading sprints... tonight! I will be hosting these on Twitter at the @SpaceOperaSept account, so follow there if you're on Twitter. If you're not, you can just do it on your own. The schedule will be:

12:00 midnight Central — 10 minute sprint
12:15 AM — 20 minute sprint
12:45 AM — 30 minute sprint

This does mean that when the sprint starts, it won't yet be September 1 for some of you. But I'll just let that little detail slide. 😆

message 2: by Reija (new)

Reija (thebookfinch) | 8 comments Which timezone? :3

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Wagner (sff180) | 44 comments Mod
Derp. Central. (editing 😂)

message 4: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 8 comments Super excited for this, as long as I don't think about how old I am or how much I like sleep! Lol

message 5: by Reija (new)

Reija (thebookfinch) | 8 comments xD I will try to wake up at 8 in the morning to join the sprints.

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) | 8 comments One of the great parts of being in Australia, I’ve already started!