What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Cheerleader makes friends in bathroom with smoking girl. They're assigned flour babies. Friend dies in car crash. Finds bucket list in friend's locker, decides to do it in memory of friend. She destroys statue of friend with flour baby. Mother ran bathtub.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danacraig9800 (new)

Danacraig9800 | 5 comments I don't remember the year I read this or anything. I think the book cover was maybe Black? Im not so sure

So a cheerleader went to the bathroom and seen a girl in there smoking. They became friends pretty quick and the cheerleader stopped cheering. The were assigned flour babies and had males with them for the dads(I think?). The girls go to a party with drugs and alcohol and her friend gives her her flour baby and leaves with this boy in a vehicle. That night or the next day her friend died in a car crash at the school or near the school. She keeps her friends flour baby but returns hers in for her grade. She goes through her friends locker and finds a bucket list. She decides to do the bucket list in memory of her friend. Some of the things on the bucket list include: tattoo, seeing this guy, and singing in a band. She pretends to be 18 and everything. In the end she figured out her friend was her sister and I think the dad of her sister was her dad as well if I remember right. Because he cheated on his wife. She destroys the statue of her sister with the flour baby because the father made her statue look preppy and that wasn't who she was. If I remember the girls mother in the book was still seeing her friends father(cheating) and her mother always ran the bathtub.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Please put genre and plot details into your topic header, per the group rules. You can read the rules in the box on the top of the group's home page.

message 3: by Danacraig9800 (new)

Danacraig9800 | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Please put genre and plot details into your topic header, per the group rules. You can read the rules in the box on the top of the group's home page."

that's something I don't know. I don't know gender or the plot besides what I remember reading. That's why I said in the paragraph I hardly remember these books but ive been trying to find them for awhile and someone told me to try goodread for answers

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

I'm simply asking you to briefly summarize the plot (based on what you've already written in your post) and put that in your header. You gave a very detailed plot there! Genre is less important if you don't know that - your plot details will be enough information.

If you don't know the genre, you can mention the age reader it's intended for, e.g. YA fiction or NA or Adult fiction.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

In terms of the year you read it, a range of years is fine. E.g. in the last 5 years? Last 10 years? Between 1980-1995? 1960-1980?